16 June 2007

Let the Flood Begin...

...Or...

let us not accidentally burn down the town square tonight with the amazing fire performance...

Cause it's Tsunami time again.

An entire day devoted to fun and sometimes arty performances. I believe I've only missed one year of this festival...

And, my favorite (like a lot of people's) is Flam Chen. Of course, the Indian Temple dancers are back this year...

And you can believe I was up early this morning, like a child on Christmas (I do that too still, by the way, I can't help it...the giddy anticipation of totally enjoying another day in my life is too much to bear sometimes) Plus...I got an email from Tsunami last night that explained that they would, this year, be letting people with smaller chairs and blankets get first dibs on the grass...so, I HAD to get up and sew the blanket binding onto the last piece of 1070's toweling I had...you know, cause' I've been meaning to do it forever...and I thought...really, why limit us to the choices of REDS on a blanket, when I have BLUES and GREENS just begging to be finished?

You can see my dilemma...

no?
You may have heard my grumbling and cursing as I attempted to sew the binding on?
stupid tension...

no?

I'm off to pack it all up (water included cause' you know it's supposed to be 98 today) as a huge group will be coming over for celebratory guacamole, chips, veggies and grapes...

2 comments:

sulu-design said...

Oooo... sounds fun. The true sign of summer's arrival: outdoor festivals.

Anonymous said...

Nice... Summer never really comes here. So, I'll be living vicariously through your 98 degree days. :D

Have fun. :D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin