25 June 2007

Bluegrass Recap...


Saturday was the wonderful annual Bluegrass Festival (as I mentioned earlier) in town...So, I was off early to bake, I mean...enjoy my time outside in the sun (93 degrees thank you) on the Lawn of the Town Square...




I met Rich down there to enjoy a couple of hours before we melted...ahhh, decided to rest up for more activities later. I just took pictures, but if you want to get a better representation of the day...visit his site for a wonderful podcast
(and it's like you were there with us...well, without all my silly chatter, and the darned heat)


So, as I was home enjoying my Saturday afternoon...I absolutely got the cooking/preparing/we gotta' have an evening picnic under the stars during the evening portion of the festival/bug
(Oh, there's no laughing here...it's a real urge, and it usually plays out in the kitchen)

Because I had already had the thought earlier in the week that it would be fun to have an evening picnic?

I mean, why else have I made all the lovely picnic blankets?

Why do I have all the food coolers?

Why do I have and keep all the food preparation items in my kitchen?

And...I've been feeling so creative with food...how could I deny myself the opportunity to love and nurture through the use of food?

(questions that inevitably come up with the aforementioned bug/urge)

So, the menu for the evening included:
  • A wrap inspired by the PBBLT only, all ingredient made by me...I did substitute the cream cheese with one made from rice. the flavor was just as good and it was nice to not be congested after getting done eating.
  • Cold sweet potato and pea salad with Dijon mustard dressing
  • Cold cilantro pesto rice salad with tomatoes
  • and those lovely egg-dairy-wheat-gluten and refined sugar-free pumpkin cookies with almonds and icing (pictured up there at the tippy top)
  • Fresh fruit (has anyone els noticed how amazing and tasty fruit has been this year?)
  • Organic blueberry juice

And joining me for the evening festivities was my two favorite date people...Ms Dina and the Wonder Boy Niko.





The Wonder Boy enjoyed his one cookie tremendously...


Oh yes...






Even though it made him do strange things with his leg...


But, I do so enjoy making his little face smile with baked goods!





But, then things started to get a little ugly, as the masses turned on me...

threatening me with their fists raised in the air

(funny, there was no refined sugar in anything, maybe it was the music? Or the fact that we were doing something so out of the ordinary for us?)




Whatever the reason...the extra pent up energy was turned on the Wonder boy...


Which resulted in a lovely tickling session, lightening everyone's mood...





Before a quick snuggle session, and the packing it in for another day...

And yes, this was before the Fabulous Ms. D and I even joined the dancers in the street shaking (as The Wonder Boy would say)

THE BOOT-AY



And home again, home again...

jiggety-jig

(so, that's sort of like a booty shake, right?)

To witness yet another amazing sunset from the view atThe House of D...






And...

Yet another chance for the girls to solve the problems of the world before we put ourselves to sleep...




And...

the Bluegrass Festival wasn't half bad either...

6 comments:

laura capello said...

i really, really, really miss peanut butter.

and the picnic sounds lovely.

and dar has the same shirt as boy wonder, love it!

thatgirldina said...

Good morning Peaches! What a day that was 'eh? Oodles of fun...well, until Wonder Boy had that meltdown, but whatever. ;) I'm loving all the new photos! Your camera is amazing...as are you.
xoxo,
-deenie

sulu-design said...

Sounds like a ton of fun - although how could it not be, spending the day with a kid as adorable as Nico? Oh, but I see he had a meltdown? Well, it was really hot... And the menu sounds yummy - I've never heard of cilantro pesto. Gotta try it.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a knee-slapping good time!

Carol Dunton said...

Oh my! What a wonderful post! Several things caught my eye... I'm very curious how you made the pumpkin cookies without so many things??? And it was awesome to see the lover-ly Miss D again, along with the cutie bug Niko! You certainly captured the day very well (your new toy seems to be doing it's job and more!) and I'm happy,happy that you had such a wonderful time with wonderful people! Tell them all 'hello' from down the road! : )
VB

Anonymous said...

That Nico is too cute! What a great kid. Looks like lots of fun, even if it was sweltering. :D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin