20 June 2007

Sunset...Sigh...


What does a girl, who was kickin' back on a Monday night do when presented with the question:

"...so, did you want to come over and use that camera of yours, and shoot the sunset?"

Well, she quick throws on her new Chacos and runs out the door...

Yes, even if she's wearing a skirt....
cause' real girls hike in skirts, don't you know?








I flew on over to the Airstream to join this sweet gentleman...and we jumped up into the boulders. Rich is working on perfecting his sunset shots, and with a new clean sensor on his camera...I believe he's done it!
(at least, I'm impressed)
and, he wasn't even feeling well to boot!

It was, as always, a beautiful night up there...there's nothing like walking up to the top of a pile of rocks to view the world, and watch the sun go to bed for another night.












And, the fluorescent green lichen on the rocks...














The view from the top of the world...












A lovely desert plant...growing up from the middle of the boulders (that happens quite a bit around here)















A lovely oak...













And my sunset picture...

Not so shabby
(and a little romantic at that!)

if I may say so myself...

of course, with the new toy, I'm not too surprised
(I'll tell you about that later though)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

New camera? Tripod?? It shows. Lovely, lovely photographs.

And, real girls do everything in a skirt. (snicker) :D

lauren said...

I hike in my skirts! After all, they did it for years. I actually wear heels too! A victorian sort of boot. Puts me in the mood for nature journaling somehow...
Awesome pictures. New cameras are fun!

:)

Carol Dunton said...

so are you adding 'professional photographer' to your resume??

really beautiful shots, Miss S....
aren't new cameras just the best??
: )
VB

Anonymous said...

Pretty pictures! And what a fun, spontaneous adventure you had. Very cool.

sulu-design said...

Whoa! That's one impressive sunset shot! Not a bad invitation.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin