19 June 2007

Happy Birthday...

Big 5 Year-Old Boy!

This weekend also found us celebrating the birthday of Ms. Dina's baby...um, I mean...

big boy!


Since I have been in Niko's life I have seen him...

Light up and laugh a million times a day...

He's so very happy!







I have seen him try new things...

when it seemed like just a few moments ago he was such a little guy and too nervous and wary to try...

He's getting so brave!


(specially since that's his mom holding that huge knife!)







I have seen him go from terrified, to utterly fascinated by toys and activities that were a little too much mere months ago:

(he specifically asked for this remote controlled tarantula for his birthday, when Santa brought him one for xmas, and he was so scared, it reduced him to a puddle of tears...then, after getting used to it and being comfortable with it in the same room, it broke...)


He's getting so daring!






I've looked him in the eye and watched him stop crying over a scraped knee from soccer, just to listen to me tell him, that it's OK to cry and feel sad about being hurt...and that he's doing it just right...
and watch him smile at me through the tears, as he told his mother "...because that's what happens to soccer players sometimes, mom!"

He's getting so confident!



He's getting so big...growing up so fast, by leaps and bounds in such a short time!

I am so thankful to be a part of his life...he is helping me slow down and appreciate tiny moments, to truly think about answers to the questions he asks...he makes me laugh and giggle and keeps me ultra-silly...he makes me wonder what it would be like to be a mom (and gives me the confidence that I could succeed )

He was a great 4 year-old, and I think he'll probably be a great 5 year-old too...

(not to mention handsome...you know, since his blue horns grew in)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Niko!

(and congrats to Mom, Dina. He's a beautiful boy!)

sulu-design said...

Happy Birthday to such a sweetie of a boy! Dina must be one proud mommy.

laura capello said...

happy birthday to niko!

and i'm so glad his 5-year old horns came in. it was dangerously close to being too late.

thatgirldina said...

Sniff sniff. No fair getting me all weepy in the middle of the afternoon.

Sorry I'm late to the party. You have no idea how much this post meant to me Peaches! You're the sweetest. And the bestest Auntie Niko could ever ask for. He hasn't put the spider down since you left! You'll have to ask him what he named it.

Thank you SO SO much for all your love and support...not only for me, but for Niko as well...and not only for being here on what could have been a difficult weekend, but for talking me down from the ledge on a daily basis. You are loved so very much Sadie.

xoxo,
-deenie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin