06 December 2006

...What a Party...

Well, the evening started off interestingly enough...

Mama and I running around taking furniture pieces downtown to sell after I got off of work...then a mad dash to the heath-food store for a little bit of food for the big shin-dig...guess what? No guacamole...on to Safeway, where we were greeted by Santa Claus...and were immediately wary, then he shouted "Free Starbucks!" at us as we passed by...whoa, that stopped us in our tracks...we looked back, and veered into the Starbucks counter where indeed, we were treated to free coffee! And if that wasn't enough, I found a quarter on the floor later on...

Mama made the above cake (absolutely delicious...and is helping me use up all of my pecans) The flowers were sent by the Up North family members...

We ate a bit of guac. and chips, followed by cake...opened presents, took pictures...

And I spent the rest of the night feeling like I was going to cry...


I tell you...I don't know if I'm up to the excitement of coffee, chocolate and no dinner anymore (I hate to think it's an age thing...maybe it's the holidays?)


Maybe it's that I look like a fat drunk person with red demon eyes in the pictures we took...it's so very hard to say...(I swear I don't really look like this in person, do I?)

Don't forget that I am going to do a drawing tonight for a set of little trees...so keep the comments coming...

2 comments:

Rozzilyn said...

Let's just blame it on the lighting...we all look a little...odd. It could be waiting all that time for the camera to actually take the picture...like in the old days when they had to sit still forever before the camera acted.

sulu-design said...

Hey, be nice to yourself! I think the pictures look great, and it sounds like you had a great time (until that last part - birthdays can bring that out in me, too).

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin