29 December 2006

Christmas Baking...

...Ah yes, the Friday before Christmas, I sat up in the shop and declared "I want to bake!" Much to the concern of the people shopping there...perhaps they were expecting "I want to rock!"?

At any rate, I was able to coordinate my ingredients list with the one my mother was running to the store for (and got entirely out of shopping) and welcomed everyone to the house that night, for:

Chocolate pecan cookies
sugar cookies
rice crispie treats






With no dairy, wheat or refined sugar...being respectful of allergies in the family. Unfortunately, it took so long to do everything, there was no time to ice the sugar cookies...but at least they were in fact baked, and they are still delicious! I also have piles of the things laying about, forcing me to grab handfuls every time I run out the door...and giving them out to everyone I know. I just don't have the sweet tooth I once did.

(which isn't bad because I'm having to reevaluate my pants...moving down to a smaller size I'm happy to report!)

3 comments:

laura capello said...

yay for smaller size pants!

(where as mine are feeling a wee bit tight. uh-oh.)

Jolene George said...

I can't imagine trying to bake while avoiding all of those things. You're quite a woman! Looks like you girls had fun together!

sulu-design said...

Looks like a fun family project. I am curious how you were able to do all that baking with all of those allergy restrictions. You must be pretty creative in the kitchen!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin