04 December 2006

Sunday December 2nd...

Participants:

  • Mama
  • Me
  • Rozzie
This little pom-pom animal showed up on Sunday too...he's not quite as blurry in person (however, we've already had the discussion about the close-up pictures my camera takes)...he's made from 2 little pom-pom's, and shaped with scissors...you can see the start of a red pom-pom that my mother made for me for the sock monkey hat on her lap. She also worked on a special knit project for a holiday gift...and has almost finished it up...but in the spirit of not ruining any surprises...I'm refraining from showing it right now...

Rozzie entertained us with suggestions for pom-pom animals which included one for a candle (hmmmm) but decided she would watch rather than jump in with the scissors...so she snacked on chips and danced around to music...generally being her little fairy self.








....And you can't see the forest around here for the trees...

Trees Trees everywhere...all shapes and sizes, were the theme this weekend. I did finally put up a Christmas tree...a lovely skinny tall tree, that fits in the window still...because I have such a beautiful picture window, and I love the tree in the window of a home...yet in front of the window currently lives the HUGE chest/kitty bed...so there was no way the tree was going to be centered this year...this one is just perfect, as it fits to the side (yay) The jury is still out about decorating it however...I'll keep you posted on that one. As you can see...Meena seems to be enjoying the tree next to her bed...and I think she's beyond the age of scaling the tree, so I can rest easy on that account.








And...I am loving all the little trees that are showing up everywhere...and as my mother constantly reminds me when I re-do my mantle "you need height" So, height I have...in the shape of 3 graduating trees...

red: felted wool sweater
white: vintage wool blanket
turquoise: felted wool blanket



And...in the spirit of giving...

I made 5 of these little sets...2 for me, 1 for mom and Rozzie, 1 for My Pal Amy and her family...and 1 extra...for someone out there...

I know I have all sorts of visitors (stat counter) and having a blog has meant so much to me for the past year (yes, it's been an entire year) AND...I would love to hear from you in person...please leave me a comment with your email address, and I will put everyones name in a hat, and do a little drawing on Wed. night...whoever gets drawn will get a little package from me containing a set of these sweet trees...

So...I'll be hearing from you soon!

3 comments:

sulu-design said...

Congratulations on a year of blogging! I love your little trees (and that big one is pretty awesome, too!).

thatgirldina said...

Oh, oh pick me, pick me! :)

Such a fun Creative Sunday! Love the little pommies and the trees are adoreable....as is sweet Rozzie.

Thanks for story hour last night. Such a great friend you ar eMiss Sadie. Big hugs!

Kate said...

A year of blogging? Cool!
I have been out of blog-land lately, just popping in again. Can't wait to see you for Z's party! Cute trees! Did I make it in time for the drawing?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin