12 December 2006

A tiny little road trip...

Last Friday...right after work...I hopped into the car of my wonderful friend Kate's mother and took a little trip. We had a lovely time conversing on the journey...and were quite excited to get to our destination. Where we giggled into the night with the group and did a bit of knitting as well...Kate is the one who taught me how to knit in the round, and we usually do a bit of something like that whenever we get together!




But, the real reason for the visit, was for Ms. Z's big birthday blowout! She was excited to see me, which is wonderful because I'm just happy she remembers who I am (we don't get to see each other that often)

Kate had the brilliant idea of letting her open her presents whenever she discovered them...and mine was first that morning! A super fabulous red metal shopping basket and groceries...Apparently she'd just seen one, and wanted it badly...I did not know that, but had bought it for her some time ago...
It went over really well! She put one of her sweet little babies in it, and away she went. We sat for quite some time while she asked me exactly what everything was...and then carefully repeated each item back to me...

My favorite moment was when she spontaneously looked up at me and said, "thank you Sadie" melt...

As you can see, this gift fits into what is fast becoming her own little kitchen area in the house!



Kate worked really hard hiding little plastic toys in the sand box for all the kids to dig and find...and there was a small jumping castle (that I dearly wanted to get in, but had worn a skirt...so that idea was out) But everyone else looked like they had a blast!





And, for the grand finale...a fabulous no sugar carrot cake! Raven made this special, as Ms. Z has never had cake before...and she had quite a few bites after blowing out her big #2 candle.

I had a wonderful time, and am reminded exactly why I need to get a new car...so I can go visit more often, and maybe for a little longer...a one day trip is just never enough...

Happy Birthday Big 2 Year Old Girl!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cute is she?! Looks like a fun road trip.
Jolene

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin