11 December 2006

Sunday December 10th...

Participants:

  • Mama
  • Marshall
  • Me
  • Rozzilyn

Wahoo...I'm still continuing with my 3-day weekend! Part of this was lived out yesterday during Creative Sunday...We regulars were joined by my good friend Marshall...who brought his guitar and played music for all of us...and then played CD's as well (mostly a trip down the 80's memory lane...I seem to be doing that a lot lately, but then again, certain people will bring that out in you!) Marshall was also writing in his notebook, although, I forgot to pry into what that was all about...

I made this bag from a thrifted felted sweater...added a layered pocket on the front, and then stepped back and said hmmm...I finished the strap with a vintage floral belt, lined it with the floral material peeking out there...and put a little flannel owl patterned pocket on the inside...I finished the strap with a vintage floral belt buckle, and added a little shoe pin that I dearly love.

I'm not so sure about the shape of the bag with the pocket on the front...and am loving the simplicity of the back and it's plainness...however, I haven't put anything in it yet to see what the shape will do...and I figure that I can always turn it around if I don't want to see the pockets! And, as Marshall pointed out, I will not be able to see the bag so well when I'm wearing it...but did he take into account that other people would be seeing it???





I helped Rozzie format and set up her blog...you can check it out here:

Blue-Eyed-Daisy...bookmark it, I think it's going to be a good one...this Tuesday, we're going to work on learning how to post pictures as well...

My mother worked on a stocking garland from the velvet material left over from the quilt we rescued...I didn't take any pictures as it was a little crazy around here...
because...


After I got home from my teeny road trip, I was informed that there was a tiny dog that showed up at my grandmother's house...in need of help. So, said little dog is here in my house now. She's super sweet, and little, and seems to be getting along with the cat pretty well...It was Wild Kingdom last night with a dog sleeping at my back...and a cat sleeping on my pillow, a little claustrophobic, but in a good way.





I am not sure the reality of having a dog has quite sunk in, and I am still checking the Humane Society to see if a lost dog has been reported...Until then, she's getting a lot of love...and a little toy there, that I made out of that felted sweater.









I'll post a little more later about the tiny road trip...that included one of my favorite families...and a special 2-year old birthday party...

1 comment:

Rozzilyn said...

Hi Aunt Sadie.It's me,Rozzilyn.Thanks for the coment on my blog!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin