01 May 2007

This Last Weekend...


Was a lovely one...It was one of those rare weekends that was full of just the right mix of fun and relaxation, I accomplished a lot, creatively and cleaning/organizing, reading and resting and running errands (and yet, at one point, Ms. D and I were on the phone and I requested that she rescue me from my boredom...and getting things done around the house, I believe I actually said, "entertain me!" Oh dear...)

Which actually led to us visiting my new cell phone, and seeing yet another choice (that matches the new car, of all things) and listening to the phone guy when he told us there will be even more choices out by the time I need to renew my contract and upgrade my cell...great. I'm already having a hard time choosing

(well, I suppose it could be worse couldn't it?)

We then sauntered back over to the house to enjoy this incredible Peach Cobbler that was one of my birthday gifts from the Amazing Megan! Oh, was it good...especially with Beyer's Lactose Free Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (and yes, it tastes the same, it just happens to have acidophilus in it, and no you can't taste it) and a few cuppas...as we were rapidly fading into sleepy town. Niko enjoyed a little cup of ice cream...in the rain, as there was an impromptu thunderstorm that snuck up on us...always a welcome sight in Arizona for sure...we had just been sweating in the car doing errands (nice visual huh?) looking forward to relaxing on the porch with some soothing music (I just got the new Fergie and Avril CD's...and we're all into the boogie) but, while Dina and I huddled under cover, Niko spent most of his time dancing around blowing bubbles and kicking the soccer ball out in the yard...




Did I mention that I was wearing these lovely ear rings? Also a Birthday Gift from the Amazing Megan...Do they not shout out SPRING?














I also finally sewed some blanket trim to this crazy Vintage 70's terry cloth fabric that I found last summer, which is not, surprisingly, the easiest thing I've ever sewn...Now I can use it as a beach blanket,

oh, I mean...

put it in the car to use as an impromptu picnic blanket (because you never really know when you're going to decide to spontaneously have a picnic) I also have one in blues and pinks that needs to be done up as well...






And, in the spirit of cleaning up around here, and getting more organized
(aka: Where did all this carp come from anyway?!)
I dusted and cleaned, vacuumed and polished...aired out and laundered...

Well,
the whole bedroom!



Nothing was safe,

and I've enjoyed snuggling down into a fresh Lavender scented bed all weekend long...

After scrubbing down the canopy, and soaking and cleaning the little heart patterned crochet trim that my father so kindly sent me for my birthday...

I ironed it all out, and then tied it to the top of the bed with red satin ribbon...







I adore it...



And, have you noticed that my house is turning into more and more of a heart sanctuary? Little heart shaped things are popping up all over the place lately...Sometimes I wonder exactly what it all means, if there is indeed a meaning at all?

There was just enough trim to reach around the entire bed, with about an inch left over...I was marvelling to myself, how I don't usually measure anything out (well...like this kind of stuff. If it really matters, I measure..not that this didn't matter, but, well...you know what I mean) and how nice it is to climb all over the bed and not have to be bothered by anyone asking me if I've measured it out, or if I know if it will all reach...or if it will be OK. Plus, I was a bit ADD, and noticed that I kept stopping in the middle of my projects to start something else, yet I would come back and finish the things I started to begin with...

(rare for me...the finishing part, not the ADD part...but I'll take it!)


While I was climbing up into the storage above the tiny closet in my bedroom, to see what the heck is up there (quite a bit come to find out, believe me) I discovered a bag of summer-time scents in the form of lotions and bubble baths, which I giddily exclaimed over before I put them into the bathroom and started using them (heavens knows how long they've been up there...because I don't recall putting them up there to begin with...and I still need to do the other side of the storage)

But, for now, I smell like peonies and a variety of coconuts...

because sometimes you feel like a nut,
sometimes you don't

no?

And...sometimes you're just nuts in general,
but then again, you all knew that about me didn't you?

8 comments:

Tonya said...

Reading your blog has become one of my favorate things I do in the morning. What a joy it is to see these beautiful corners of your home. I think the hearts are so you remember that love is out there. It might not be where you think it is sometimes, but you know that love is on the way. You are a bright star and everywhere you go you brighten up the place. I'm happy to be in your life again. I really enjoyed our talk. Thank you.
Tonya

Liz said...

I think you missed your calling, Sadie! When you're done- you can come "do" my house!

Anonymous said...

Love the crochet on top of the bed canopy! You've sure put a lot of "heart" in your home.

Anonymous said...

Such a delicious post! The cobbler AND all the hearts and love. Your house truly IS amazing! the perfect little sanctuary.

Big kisses to you chickenbells!
xoxoxo,
-hmwrekr :)

Carol Dunton said...

does this just not scream out "I WANT TO LIVE IN A HOUSE JUST LIKE YOURS!" ??
So, how cute is all of this? The lights, the canopy, the hearts, the hanging goodies, the art of it all...the cobbler....

lovely, miss sadie...simply charming and adorable!!!

Enjoy all of the fruits of your very hard labor...it dos feel so good when you really give the house a good cleaning and freshen it up!! Love it all...and thank you for the 'visit'!
: )
VB

sulu-design said...

The cobbler, the earrings, the blanket, the bedroom... all fabulous! But cut to the chase - what about that hot date?!?

Anonymous said...

Uh, yeah, I'm with Susan. How was that date??? :D

And I've run out of my "summery" shower jell from Sephora. . . but the weather here hasn't inspired me to buy more! :D

Happy May Day!

Jolene George said...

How can you be bored, yet be so productive?! Love your canopy!
You know I'm good with nutty people. :o)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin