09 May 2007

Spring is Springing...

With the ending of the final ( ? ) bit of snow up here...although, I am wondering about that. Living in this area lo these 27 years, I have sometimes seen some crazy weather. In fact the rule of thumb has often been:

Don't do any planting until after Mother's Day

Which is a good rule to follow. I have been known to rush off to one of the various stores in town to purchase flowers and plants, only to find myself scurrying around later bringing outdoor plants in...so they don't freeze.



...But, the annuals and native plants and trees that are already planted in the various yards out and about, don't have that luxury. Well, they would if they were in one of those Disney movies...Like Silly Symphonies?

I don't know how I would feel if I got a knock on the door in the middle of the night and it was a rose bush or an apple tree though.






Luckily...all these photos were taken at my mother's house, so none of these plants will be waking me up...I just have some enormous Juniper and a couple of prickly pyracantha...which would make for some sharp bedfellows indeed.

At any rate...Happy Spring! I think I will kick of the official springtime by kidnapping a fellow blogger and hiker and head up to West Fork in Sedona this weekend for a leisurely walk-about next to Oak Creek...

Ahhh...Paradise!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOh... Spring. :D We finally have some sunlight this week. Still not super warm, but we're not complaining. :D

Anonymous said...

Uh oh, you got a comment spammer on your first comment I think.....

Kidnap a blogger, eh? Hmmm.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin