19 May 2007

The Friday and Saturday of It...

The weekend begins by finding our sweet heroine yawning...

A lot.

Not only has she been burning her candle at both ends...she's making new ends every moment, and lighting those up as well...Not that she complains mind you...she just yawns instead. It could be though, that there is an amazing amount of pollen from some undetermined plant blowing about (coating The Honey of a car) and making her itch and sneeze as well. But, will that stop her?

Oh no...there is a list after all...


Starting with hopping in The Honey of a car to jet off to Ms. Rozzie's Piano Recital (which I delightfully filmed, and will post soon) Sitting next to the sniffling proud Mama...and enjoying all of the local talent. Rozzilyn shined and was as amazing as always...she is so very talented and musical (singing and dancing included) You did great Rozz! (the beauty on the very left...the 5'2" 10 year old...)

And, to continue the musical evening...I popped by Sundances to see the son of a friend play in his band. I've known this boy since before he was born. He's 16 now...plays the bass guitar, and is amazing. Not only is he adorable, but he has incredible stage presence and passion...and you can tell he really enjoys being up there playing. I've never seen anyone play this well, and if he's this good at this age, I am wondering what will be in store for him? I can honestly say I think there is a future for him in the professional musical world (and I'm not just saying this because I cried when I saw him...he's Really that good!)

Then...back to the house...
SO...when or how do you do your plumbing?

I, wear a strapless Gap dress...stand barefooted on the edge of my tub usually at a ridiculously late hour (midnight) wrench in hand...because I need to replace, update and install a new Water Pick shower head...a detachable one...a low flow one...one that has no less than 5 different water configurations, pulsing, sprinkling, massaging. The thoughts of what kind of showers I will be having in the near future boggles the mind.

oh my.

Then up on Saturday after a bit of sleep to refold and organize the armoire, to make room for the 3 baskets of clean laundry that have been sitting around staring grumpily at me and shouting, "fold me!" just in time to do this weeks laundry...the good news? I weeded out a huge basket of clothing that will be showing up at Snap Snap later this week...and I found the exact pair of turquoise Capri pants (that I did not even know I had...sheesh) I was going to make this weekend to match an amazing little top I just acquired (so now I don't have to sew myself any...cross that off the list!)

A rather largish super hero type man came over...swooping in to fix my plumbing. Now, before we all jump to conclusions (he does not belong to me) AND I have had a leak in the bathtub faucet for longer than I will admit...Let's put it this way, I was pleading with my ex-husband to please fix the drip before he left. The only thing that was stopping me all this time was my lack of strength...you see, I could not loosen the screw and was afraid I was going to strip it before I could get the darned thing out. I love plumbing projects...because in theory, plumbing is easy and straight forward...in real life it takes me 3 times as long as I anticipate, and sometimes I can't fix the problem. This time I fixed most of the problem...I think. Which has put me in a bad mood (only chocolate will help at this point) One of the only things saving me is the memory I have of myself in my little girly-girl outfit at the hardware store trying in the nicest way to let the salesman know that there is indeed a washer where he said there wasn't (I was looking at it before I left the house dude) and then the taking apart of the valves and replacement of various washers...all being my uber-feminine-plumbing self.

And...I planted flowers. Something not on the list at all, but again, since I didn't have to make the Capri's I was planning, I needed to do something creative...There's really nothing like sinking your hands into some dirt to get the blood flowing...

Then popping inside for an ultra-massage shower with a non-leaky faucet...

Pure heaven, I say.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so go you on the plumbing! Look at you being so productive. In fact, I think you were productive enough for both of us, so I'm just going to sit here and read my book. :D

Oooh, post the piano recital soon. Pretty please! :D

Anonymous said...

No plumbing issues here, but I know who to call now. :)

Burning the candles at both ends? In a few hours climbing, running to Phoenix, coming back, etc. I need a 3 day nap!

Bobbypin Bandit said...

You and Miss Fanciful are very much alike. She once fixed the washing machine in heels, haha! Too bad you don't have a picture of yourself fixing the plumbing in said dress. The warriors of the women's lib movement would be proud!

catiepillars said...

i think you should write a book,i love reading your blog.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin