15 May 2007

Mmmmmm...

...As I sit here finishing up the last bite (and um, licking the plate) ahem. I thought that I would share this little lovely cake with you

(but not really, because there's not enough to spare...OK there is, but you still can't have any)

My mother made this Strawberry-Lemon: wheat and gluten and egg - free cake for Mother's Day. Suffice it to say, the woman is clearly a genius...you would never believe that there is nothing "not normal" about this...it's her old applesauce cake recipe, modified a bit more with the onset of even more food allergies in the family. So, none of the above listed ingredients made an appearance...and No Refined Sugar reared it's ugly head either...

Did I mention that it's all organic too?

Plus, with the advance of the warmer summertime weather, I made the first batch of Hazelnut Frappiccinos...No refined sugar or dairy either (and I used the Illy I brought back from Italy...not decaf, but hey, we were spending the day with family, we needed the little extra caffeine help...oh, she justifies well) My mother and I teared up a little upon the first sip...then came the maniacal giggles when we realized that this is only the beginning.

Mmmmmm...

2 comments:

Carol Dunton said...

oh, DO share the recipe for the hazelnut caps, please?? Easy to make?? Looks absolutely YUM-E !!

sulu-design said...

I'm so impressed with what you both are able to make with such specific requirements (notice I'm not saying limitations, since you two don't seems to be held back at all by the dietary choice and allergies in the family)!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin