20 April 2007

Wrapping It All Up...

Well kids-O's...this is the last Big Weekend post...are you relieved?

Or are you amazed by the fact that I actually managed to take 5 days to relive what only took 2 and a half to begin with?

I am...
then again, we are known to be great storytellers in my family (at least we think we are! And isn't it enough to know that you're a legend in your own mind...really?)

The first two pictures are of me...in that cutie little skirt I bought for Easter...and I had to take with me, because it's fast becoming one of the most favorite things I own and fun to wear to boot!...I'm sitting on the bed waiting for Dina to be done showering...and looking at all the latest fashions (Is it me, or do these look a little 1940's to you? Not that there's anything wrong with that...indeed)

We started out this day by checking out of the hotel, sigh. We then headed to Last Chance, which is the Dillards outlet...oh my. I usually can stand to spend about an hour in there because not only is it located in a basement, but it's a crazy-frenzy-free-for-all. All of the shoes that were size 9 and above were half off...I can wear some 9's, and did find a brand new pair of fabulous pink tennies for only $14! I also managed to find a few more items as well...Including a pair of black leather wedges that I could spend all day in...

We then hustled up to The Sugar Bowl Ice Cream Parlor in Scottsdale...this is Bill Keane's restaurant (the man who draws Family Circus) a lovely old-timey soda parlor...where we each indulged (hard to believe isn't it?) Dina with a root beer float, and Me with a vanilla malt. I love vanilla malts and will not usually pass up the opportunity to have one...

And then it was off to our very first visit to IKEA. Well...it almost killed us because it was so very big...but it was grand! I managed to find a new duvet cover and pillow cover set for only $10 and the most amazing heart shaped red rag rug (kind of a heart themed weekend wasn't it?) which I threw down in the bathroom as soon as I stepped in the door. I am so in love with this rug that I wish I would have bought about 3 more for my bedroom...and to think that I almost talked myself out of it! Now, I'm trying to figure out how to get back down there and get more...

And we wept when we went to their little restaurant...it looked absolutely amazing and here we were totally full from lunch still...even though we walked around for hours! We did manage to force down some apple cake/pie thing and lingonberry mousse...all washed down by Swedish coffee. So see...we need to plan another trip down if it's just for rugs and food (oh, I will justify won't I?) And I know it looks like Dina is the only one eating, I'm right there with her...I just have a hard time taking pictures of myself (you know, with all the food and everything) Then we got in the car, and headed up the hill...we were too wiped out to even make it to Trader Joe's, as heartbreaking as it may seen...so close, yet so far (then again, by that time we'd spent our monthly food budget on shoes...so, we'll look good, and be thinner! See how that works?)

And there you have it...the trip in a nut shell (sort of)
I hope you all have a great weekend...
It looks as though we will be enjoying 59mph winds, and a little snow and rain...
But, right now I am going to go enjoy one of those crack laced pupcakes my mom made
(I know...can you believe there's any left?!)

6 comments:

thatgirldina said...

I'm a little sad that your update is coming an end. I am still replaying the entire weekend in my head...looped over and over. Such fun was had! Now to get off my fanny and do my own update. I'm such a lazy git , you know!? haha!

And why is it that you chose to show photos of me stuffing my face in your last three posts? huh? huh? Could it be that eating is all I seem to be doing lately. Ugh.

xoxo,
-deenie

Granny J said...

What a heart breaking choice to have to make-- IKEA vs. Trader Joe. That alone is an excuse for trek#2. The drawings remind me that I have a collection of fashion drawings made by my artist aunt for a course she took back in the aught-20s! They are absolutely grand! It was great to visit your shop (Snap Snap over on Montezuma, everyone.) The clothes selection was very good-- but the atmosphere was really cool. I'll be back.

Carol Dunton said...

Oh, my... it's come to an end...again... : (
I had SUCH fun reliving it with you and Dina again! As for the heart shaped rugs.... need me to run over there for ya?? : )
I will!!
VB

Bobbypin Bandit said...

Lemon Meringue martinis!!!!!!!!!! I need to drive up to see you!!!! Things are super crazy, it's sometimes makes things hazy, and then I walk around all dazy. You know, I think I am just going to enjoy being alone and having time to do things for me. I don't need a boy, a guy, or a man, for the matter. YAY!! Girl Power!! Let's break out with our platform shoes and sing bad music ala Spice Girls. Haha. I love that heart shape mat from IKea, I need it, want it, gotta have it!

sulu-design said...

You did some seious shopping damage last weekend! I love it! I hope that you're enjoying all of your purchases and remembering your fun weekend whenever you wear/use them.

Anonymous said...

Wow... good for you. Thanks for posting the photos, I've been living vicariously through them. :D

And, if that last picture of the orange duvet cover is the one you got--DANG!! LOVE IT! I have an aqua room that is just aching for some orange. :D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin