14 April 2007

Greetings From the Valley...

Hello my sweet pumpkins...I am (as I live and breathe...and type) sitting in the Indigo Hotel in Scottsdale...using a computer they so sweetly set up for me (well, and probably anyone else whom wants to use them) after enjoying a lovely good-morning breakfast. I did decide against lugging the laptop down because I was worried about it either being in the room, or in the car all day, so...I'll have to post all the wonderful pictures when I get home...

We arrived last night, in a frenzy of excitement, as I kept remarking to Dina (while we were both car dancing) "I can't believe we're old enough to drive...somewhere...alone, without any adult supervision" and yes, I know we are indeed (and with the up and coming birthday...one can't help but look at ones drivers license and see exactly how old they are) but, we've known each other so very long and we were very young together once (that coupled with the car dancing...you know, that habit is a hard one to break) the kind of young that parents still need to drive you, and reserve a hotel for you with their credit card? So...it is a heady and wonderful experience to be:

Out. Of. Town.

We had an amazing Thai dinner last night...including some Tom Ka soup that has been voted best soup (they will give out awards for anything now won't they?) for 5 years running...we went to a lovely hidden Speak Easy/wine bar (and the most amazing martini list you've ever seen + limencello) and were flirted with shamelessly by many sweet men. Oh, I am amazed and excited...shocked a little even. Let me explain...

As I have lived in a small town for so very long...and the huge (or any little, for that matter) extended vacations I've taken have indeed been out of the country lately (and I really only get every 3rd word from the lovely foreign men that bat their eye-lashes at me) and I was married for so very long...all that coupled and joined with the odd sense of self-esteem I've been carrying around on my back...well, I'm amazed, humbled, and quite excited to be flirted with. It's like there's a whole world out here that I forget that is happening...right at the very moment my little sweet life is happening in my small town, with interesting, witty, fun and gorgeous people in it...

So...there you go! A chance to try out the newme in a lovely setting with a lot of willing participants (me being the main one) But...until we go out with all of our other lovely friends tonight...it will indeed be a shopping frenzy. All. Day. Long...

First stop:

Tiffany's

(oh yes...this one's been long in coming)

6 comments:

sulu-design said...

Oh, it sounds like you're off to a great start! Have fun at the store (can't wait to see what you indulge in). Here's to more fun flirting!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having the kind of fun you had hoped for! Here's to more days of enjoyment! And....Happy Birthday on Monday!
:) Suz

Anonymous said...

I am so very very glad that you are having such an amazing time! How wonderful for you!!!! Yipppeee!!!!

Jolene George said...

I am so excited you're enjoying your stay in the valley so far....and I LOVE that you are being flirted with. I bet it makes you feel pretty young. Have a blast and enjoy every minute.

Tonya said...

yoo hoo! The girls are out on the town. Have a great time and I wish you a very happy birthday. What are you now? 25? Yes that's right And you don't look a day over 20. I'll stop by soon. I can't wait to see your pictures and here all about the trip.
Tonya

Anonymous said...

Go you, ms. flirty!! :D

And, can't wait to see your Tiffany's purchase--not to mention your Anthropologie haul. :D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin