18 April 2007

We Shopped Till We...




...well, had to stop and freshen up to meet good friends for dinner!

We started at Urban Outfitters, as it happened to be conveniently located across the street from the parking garage at Nordstrom (how thoughtful) We'd actually come across it the night before driving around looking for parking for the speak easy...of course we were so excited we were about 5 minutes early, but then it did give us time to look at all the displays and scope out exactly what we were interested in (always nice) We each got a lovely bag of goodies...you see, they happened to be having a half-off all women's sale garments (whoopie!) I personally got 2 lovely tees, a sweetie pair of panties, an amazing black silk dress, and some monkey head toppers for my keys...always a must.

We then ventured into the mall and made a beeline for Tiffany & Co, where I indulged to the fullest...

...then on to the other places. There were so many exciting sales...I got this lovely green top, and was slightly worried that I would not have a chance to wear it this season, but I'm in luck...I forget from spring to spring how cold and windy it remains after it teases us with a little bit of warm...

We stopped at Victoria's Secret for all things womanly and delicate...plus they have the largest VS at the mall ever! That, and I'm horribly addicted to their panty sales...

And, what's up with Louis Vuitton exactly? I mean, we popped in to see what was new, and everything in the store looks like a knock off...why is it so expensive?



We stopped by Sephora as well...Ok stopped by is quite a silly thing as we totally immersed ourselves in the ultimate girl playground for quite some time. You see, I have never been into a Sephora (and was I missing out) Like Dina said, the angels sing sweet songs of love and beauty the moment you stroll in...and then the fun begins. The wall of perfume, the racks of indulgent amazing make-up, and all the accessories in between...I was after some fluffy water-proof mascara, but fell instantly in love with Urban Decays Big Fatty Mascara...with hemp oil no less! And then onto Smash Box for a pot of glitter black eyeshadow...something I've been after since December, and we originally started planning this trip...and the sales lady was so sweet sneaking in a little sample of Philosophy's new fragrance sample into my bag...and I am sorry to say Dina did not actually receive anything sample-ish, which was odd because she bought WAY more than I did...of course, she smells heavenly now (not that she doesn't usually) from her new shi-shi perfume purchase...

I was having an almost fainting fit by this time (either it was the amount of $ I'd spent, or hunger kicking in) We opted to try to fix it with food, not wanting to take back anything good...

We went to P.B.Loco Cafe...where we practically ate out weight in gourmet peanut butter sandwiches!

We both had the PBBLT: sun-dried tomato PB, bacon bits, lettuce & cream cheese on toasted bread and split a Loco Coco: Dark chocolate PB, raspberry jam & coconut for dessert...as you can see, each sandwich came with a handful of animal crackers...It was a wonderful meal, and the selection is really great...and while it may seem crazy, we both agreed not only was it good now, but may be when/if we ever are pregnant...

The rest of the day was spent browsing around the mall...trying not to buy too many things (yeah right) but after our trying on frenzy at Anthropologie...we definitely needed coffee...we treated ourselves to some lovely frapps with cookies...

Mmmmm....the perfect pick-me-up for the rest of the afternoon!












At the end of the day, we headed back to the ole' Indigo, and got ready to meet friends for a lovely night out...

We spread all the shopping bags and goodies out to see the fun damage we did...

It was an amazing day!


1 comment:

sulu-design said...

Hooray for good shopping and eating with a friend! I think I need a weekend like this.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin