02 February 2010

Naughty or Nice...


Have you ever just had one of those days that you felt as if there were an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other?

Not anything scary...but the cute cartoon versions acting as distracting temptations?

Something that can turn that smile into an inviting purr with just a small bat of the eyelashes...and a come hither finger crooked in just the right way?  All the while looking out from under your eyelashes just giving a peek to the expression in your luminous eyes...accompanied by the thought that just for today?  You may be able to get away with just about anything.

Before you then roll them at yourself, accidentally close your leg in the car door and get on with it.

I've got that mood.

Bad.

I decided rather than hit the world running with this feeling I would try to observe myself in an indulgent aunt sort of way...and celebrate this whole mood realization by donning one of my favorite tops.  The one I spied at The Lucky Brand store back when DaNece and I were traveling to visit Steven at Disneyland...simply because the shirt in question had embroidered wings down the back of it (and you know how I love to think I can fly...which may be why I spontaneously burst into tears at this weekends viewing of Avatar 3-D when the main characters flew together on their dragons, swooping together side by side catching each others eyes...I'm thinking there was more to it than just the act of flying...companionship love sharing something with a partner the feeling that I was overstimulated by 3-D glasses over my actual glasses really good special effects?) As I gently picked up the tee with the general reverence topped with curiosity reserved for all things Lucky Brand (cause you never can tell what they're going to put on their shirts) I turned the black tee over and noticed that there was also something embroidered on the collar line of the garment.  I then reached over to put it back on the stack of tops because I was expecting some sort of Peace or Love situation happening up there and I've already lived through this fashion statement a couple of times in my life and it makes me feel old and tired...but stared in wonder at the Naughty on one shoulder complimented by the Nice on the other embroidered in a tattoo sort of font...and threw it over my arm in delight.

Well then.

I had every intention to write this post about how naughty I am by not checking in here more over the last few weeks...but how nice it was that I am now...and on and on about my weekend and what I've been up to as of late...making lists and columns under the Naughty and Nice headings.

And then I had the thought, as I pulled my new to me designer jeans up up up...for the millionth time this morning, that maybe if I don't get suspenders that there will be something very naughty and not very nice happening if my pants just spontaneously fell down at some point today...

Although, that version of naughty and nice doesn't have quite the same ring to it as the flirty version that I was clutching to earlier, does it?

Cause' if my pants fall off, I'll probably fall down...and there's nothing nice about that.

Although, it would be kind of funny.

Just sayin'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now I understand the morning facebook status... I still stand by what I said about the vending machine... just sayin'...

Giggle.

P.S. love the shirt!

flutter said...

I totally need that shirt

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin