23 June 2008

Weekend Of Discovery...

Two days off with no set plans leaves quite a bit of time to discover new things about my world:

I absolutely mostly spent the weekend dramatically poised on the couch melting in the heat...both the cat and I did (Photo by Sasha/Getty Images) I did get up and tame the nature in my yard (well, the front and one of the sides) on both Saturday morning and Saturday evening...I have one garbage can full of the left overs...and probably enough for 3 more. Drat. I'm now reduced to stepping around piles of decomposing yard clippings until I can get this all hauled away. I still have to do the back and the other side, and I swear I don't have a decent weed whacker. Can someone tell me why you can use those devices two times and then they hardly ever work again? It's almost like they're disposable...and I already have enough blisters on my hands that I don't want to try to cut my weeds with clippers. I am using the excuse that Rich's BFF is coming into town for the Photo Opening, and when they come over to my house (because they'd better now that the yard is mostly done...) I want to make a good impression on the BFF (even though we already had a phone chat last week) and I'm sure the only way I can really get people to like me is if I have a tidy and neat yard. Perhaps I should move to the golf course for the weekend instead? It looks as if they may have a working weed whacker (But, Rich is expecting more family visits later this year...and renting a whole other house could be expensive...see? this is why I'm forced to get on the gardening gloves [of which I don't have hence all the blisters] and do yard work myself)

A clothing tagger at JCrew is apparently on some form of crack/cocaine. I got in a cute JCrew dress...size 8. I tried it on and it fit perfectly. So I wore it to Megan's Solstice party on Friday night...because it was a size 8, although I was suspect...but don't you think a full length satin dress is just perfect for a cook-out? (just kidding...It was cotton paisley that the straps kept falling down on, so that was classy)


I've lost 1% body fat.
Apparently this is good enough news to have my trainer jumping around the room for joy, pumping his fists and cheering in his southern accent at me "...You've gained weight!! You're loosing body fat!! You're on the right track!!" (and he's not even gay) Well...if you say so. I wonder what will happen when I loose more than 1%? I mean, all this working out and only 1%? sigh. Chris then grabbed my arm and ran with me into the weight room eager to show me all new methods of pain...um, I mean, new machines and free weights that are going to pump me up! Or...slim me down, whatever the reasons are I'm going into the gym. It didn't even matter that I was wearing my street clothes and strappy wedges...

When someone shows me a new cardio machine that is supposed to work the tushie more, by strategically letting you set it manually (so that in my not so distant future I can set the controls as if I were hiking UP a mountain with a 40lb backpack on...oh joy!) I literally jump out of bed on a Sunday, get dressed and run to the gym...teamed with new work out music...and sweat dripped of my nose. Yes. Off. My. Nose. How cool is that? And I had so many endorphins running through my body, I almost whooped, "yeah...Come on!!" no less than 4 times during my stint on this thing...

A Monday morning after being so jazzed about the new machine...not so much speed and not so much resistance set...oh yeah, I forgot...one gets awfully tired when switching their work-out routine. Pant pant...sweat sweat...

A quick trip to Hastings electronic music section (because I am a hard core techno junkie) leads me to a CD that is boasting on the sticker that graces the front, "...the number ONE DJ in the world!!" Oh yeah? That's a pretty big claim my friend. But, I have a lot of standing credit at Hastings, so I think, why not? After all, the cover looks good...I wrestle the CD out of the plastic in the car (it was 100 this weekend...and don't give me any cute, "but it's a dry heat" because I will throw a shoe at you and break your computer...yes, the heat makes me a bit cranky) pop it in the CD player, turn up the volume and think...hmmmm, maybe Rich would like this instead...then about a quarter of the way through the first song, this boy drops a beat and it's all over. Oh yeah...he's the number one DJ in the world, who knew? Luckily, like a good author I've just discovered, he's all about cranking out the CD's...so, I have a lot to catch up on...joy!

I excitedly tell Rich about my latest music discovery and he's on board before ever hearing anything...picking up 2 of the CD's I don't have, at his work (he's going back to get the rest I believe) don't you just love a guy who will take your word about music? Lord, I do. After jetting around listening to some awesome tunes in the car, I go home and cruise around iTunes and find some more of his collections...one of the reviews for an album says it's the best work-out music...So, you'd better believe that's now on the iPod for the gym. So far, my musical investments in Tiesto have been: In search of Sunrise, vol 7 and Elements of Life - Remixed. They're both fun boppy techno/trance music...but, in the upbeatest sorts of ways. You can visit that cutie over at YouTube...As for me, I'm jammin right now at Snap Snap to his beat...

Also, while at Hastings, I picked up the Jennifer Lancaster's book, "Bitter is the New Black : Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass,Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office..." This girl is too funny...I have decided that I would love to meet her, and we would become fast friends. Then again, that kind of sounds like a stalker...As it ws, I giggled at the book every time I had a spare moment to pick up and read this weekend. Needless to say, the other two are coming to me from Amazon.com.

Apparently, when I have spare moments, I like to shop on the Internet.

I have a huge dilemma about this next Saturday's Art Opening for Rich over at Ian Russells Gallery of Fine Art (and yes, I've put a link in the sidebar over there Ian...go say HI everyone) I know exactly what I'm going to wear...I even completed a rather long black sash to tie up (and that's all the preview of my party togs you're getting for now) I also bought new shoes (who can say no to a brand new pair of $15 red patent leather mules? Damn...I've given away too much) BUT, I am seriously lacking in hair. Ok, I have hair...lots of hair, hair that was just recently cut, layered, thinned a bit, and new straight thick bangs added...but, I do not do hair styles, because I missed that class "how to be the ultimate woman" and I've never played catch up. Mostly I just walk around with my hair down or in a pony-tail. It's shameful. For the amount of money I've invested in sparkly lip gloss from Victoria's Secret...plus, nail polishes, and various make-up selections...not to mention all the hair accoutrement's that pile up everywhere...I do not know how to do this thing called hair. Short of going to get my hair done on Saturday (which I didn't even do for my wedding day...which could explain why my hair looks not so great in all of those pictures, and I'm sure led to the demise of said relationship...) I googled...then I YouTubed. (Lord, I love YouTube...) I found this outstanding girl who does her hair and shows you how...I LURVE her. I can not tell you how excited I was to find this: pursebuzz.com So...after a venture to the store today to pick up a comb to back comb my hair with, and some bobby pins, I went home, washed/moussed/sprayed/curled and fixed that cute do! Damn. I am so happy, I could...well...I texted Dina. She was happy too. OK, now I don't quite look as cute as pursebuzz does (cause' I'm not Asian and I'm not that young...or thin...or...well, you get the picture) But, this do is so easy, and cool for the summer! I was so inspired by watching all of her cute ideas, and what's the point of having a wonderful head of long hair if you just do the 2 things you know how to do with it? It's Pointless...Now, if I can pull off a chignon for the art opening, I will be in hair heaven.

So, mostly I think
this post is mostly about me trying not to feel guilty for laying around on the couch watching movies, reading, and surfing the internet this weekend...you know?

Instead of solving all of the worlds problems or making another skirt or hand bag...

4 comments:

TomboCheck said...

I'll be honest. After seeing tiesto on the page, I totally didn't read the rest of it.

TIESTO IS THE SHIT!!!!

I have a ridiculous amount of techno on the home computer, but Tiesto is definitely one of my favorites.

~Molly~ said...

I'm loving me some Tiesto now and I'm not really a big fan of that genre. So far I like A Tear In The Open(original), Sparkles(Airscape Remix) and In My Memory(Gabriel and Dresden Elephant Memory Vocal Mix).

I also lurve that purse lady's hair ideas. Mine is too short right now to do much with but I'm growing it out! And, send me those red shoes, too adorable!!! A size 8? I believe it. You are doing amazing things to your body, you will be most thrilled with the results I just know it!

Molly

Anonymous said...

sounds like a perfect weekend!

sulu-design said...

I can tell that your endorphins are in high gear based on the pace of this post! I love it. And I'm glad that you've got so many good reasons to be so pooped that you deserve to drape yourself on the sofa. Enjoy it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin