04 June 2008

That Stoned Cat...

Wanna' know what a kitty who's had not one, but two tooth extractions...and has been wandering around the house smelling familiar everyday things with a newfound interest (that is when she's not staring off into space or hallucinating...) looks like?

Poor Fuzz Monkey...

With the dialated pupils...

Poor Stoned Fuzz Monkey.

Ms. Meena made it
through her teeth cleaning and surgery with flying colors. When I went to pick her up, I wasn't doing so well...I'm not sure if it was the ending total I payed...or the baggie of medication and thorough details they gave me of her visit they gave me (in fact, they sent me home with 4 oral pain meds in syringes and said that they need to be applied to the gums...okaaay... you do realize that this is on a cat? They said usually the pets like it because it does things to them...I'll say. She's been watching goodnessknowswhat flying all around the house for quite some time now...and true to form, has been taking her medication with no problems) But, I almost fainted. Since they are currently remodeling the Vet office, there was no place for me to sit and put my head between my legs...so, I had to take a deep breath and talk myself through my panic attack/near fainting episode, all while trying not to let anyone know that I may drop to the floor at any moment...both of which leave me shaky and in need of both a good hug and a good cry. But, when I saw my girl (with her little shaved leg and rather large pupils) that she was both alive and wanting to go home, I felt better. She came right into the house, and looked around for her food, had a little smackrel...and then proceeded to thoroughly entertain us with her baked kitty antics while my mother and Rozz were here.

I woke up several times last night to check on her...and I swear she was just sitting in the dark staring off into space. Honestly...what's in these things?

When I woke up
to go to the gym she was curled up sleeping...

It was time for me to give her another round of pain meds...

Let the hallucinations begin.

8 comments:

sulu-design said...

Yikes! So it probably was best that I stopped reading yesterday when you gave the warning to readers who were eating...
I wish your kitty a speedy recovery and pleasant hallucinations. Hallucinating every now and then is nice, right?

TomboCheck said...

Dang, I need the vet to start doing my dental work. Sounds like a gas!

flutter said...

Poor thing!

The Bee Lady said...

Dang! I'm glad she's doing ok. When my dog had his dental done, he came home with a morphine patch on... I told my vet that I would need two more of them: one for me and one for my wallet!!!

Carol Dunton said...

poor miss kitty...! I sure do hope she's feeling better.... bless their hearts when they have to go through something like this...give her a scratch for me...
aww...da kitty...

~Molly~ said...

Poor Meena! Poor you!(hey, didn't I say this last time?)

I'm so glad she's done with the surgery, that had me worried. I'm sure the bill would have made me faint dead away. Rosie's ear mite visit set me back $97! That is crazy!!!

Hopefully she'll be back to her regular self soon.

Molly

Dana said...

poor cat!!

Mytutorlist.com said...

Oh my, the poor kitty! Although it must be kind of fun for him too... I wonder what he sees?

You are a very brave lady to be administering the medication. It also sounds like you have a very trusting and cooperative cat.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin