10 June 2008

Order In The Court...

You're using too much salt on your food!

OK...I don't know if that's true (although, it's not too healthy if it is) but that's what I saw when I spied these little red gavel Salt & Pepper shakers at the thrift the other day.

Apparently someone decided to rid themselves of their Salt & Pepper shaker collection. Most of the shakers were tiny...for instance, I got my mother a set that were the tiniest barrels with inlaid wood on the top of them. We were giggling because if you had people over to dinner and asked them to pass the salt or pepper...they may be on a hunt for quite a while to even find the shakers, much less pass them to you. Big hands? See you later tiny barrels of seasoning...

I'm not too sure why one would need gavel S & P's, but they're pretty cute, and they would probably be pretty easy to use with those handles on them, don't you think?

I almost passed them up because I don't collect S & P's, but the red just had me walking back to them again and again...

Caus'e you know I have red highlights all over the kitchen...they just needed to come home with me. As you can see, they certainly bring my Over The Stove Shelf right together now, don't they? Sitting there tucked into the vintage shot and measuring glasses...

I also found these teeny little rose ones as well...they went on the kitchen table however...

(So I don't accidentally loose them)

None of the sets
I bought were over $1.50, and the only real problem came when I carried my teeny treasures to the counter to pay, and the gal decided to announce to me, "...you should have seen the figural Mr. Peanut ones!"

*blink blink*

They were sold already (um, yeah...of course) It was hard both not to think either of the value of a set of figural Mr. Peanut Salt & Pepper shakers...or how cute they would have looked in my kitchen.

6 comments:

Tonya said...

Ohhhh mr. peanut! Why did she have to tell you?? I go thrifting all the time and hardly ever score like you do. What's up with that?? And we go to the same places!! So love all your S&P's.

Anonymous said...

ok so you seriously need to go thrifting with me!! I want to be finding these wonderful treasures too!

by the way, too cute on the s&p shakers... they look oober cute in your kitchen!

sulu-design said...

I would have been all over those, too. I love little dashes of vintage red in my kitchen, and I'm addicted to lots of dashes of salt on my food. Perfect.

Anonymous said...

That is the perfect spot of red!

~Molly~ said...

Ryan collects S&P shakers(or he wants to, hasn't found any yet that he has to have). My MIL has several sets that he eyes every time we visit so I imagine he'll wait for those.

I'm thinking on your PIF pressie. Do you plan on changing your bedroom from the red/blue floral stuff any time soon?LOL I have something in mind...

Molly

TCallihan said...

I just have to tell you that I believe those shakers used to be loved by my friend Vicki!! She had about 200 different sets and is 'downsizing'. Very good Karma in S & P shakers found at thrift given up by someone who loved them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin