26 February 2007

Weekend Obsessions...

Dead dead dead...
did I mention that I'm a little on the exhausted side? Does this always have to happen when one finally discovers that they have a life? Suddenly and out of the blue-like...OK, I suppose it's been brewing for quite some time now (as I have been alive a few years, give or take)

Starting the busy weekend off was a lovely dinner on Friday night at The Bin Place (as we like to call it) With Suz and her lovely hubby. It was wonderful to finally meet him...and I was really lucky because not only did I get them in a group, but I got them by themselves for breakfast early Sunday before their drive away from town.

There was much catching up and laughing to do...



Of course My Pal Amy was there...And, I would like to not complain about how I look in this picture, but I swear...I practice in the mirror before I take pictures, and somehow between practicing and being in front of an actual camera...I get overzealous and smiley...and that makes all my chins pop out to make an appearance, I would like to believe that theory, because I can't believe I actually look like this in real life (and that's all I'm saying) (that and you'll notice that my eyebrows look incredibly impressive, as I spent Thursday evening with Dina being tweezed and waxed within an inch of my life...girls girls girls) Add to that a quick hair trimming and shaping on Friday morning...not to mention the dentist early this morning where he did what he called some "quick redecorating" and filed down the sides and a little of the fronts of my front teeth "...to make them look smoother and better" YIKES! I've actually been walking around like this, I mean, I don't think I'm a vampire...but still.

The D-man and Dina enjoyed a evening out on Friday as well...watching the hockey game and eating wings (I know...what else would one expect with the D-man around?) The D-man was up early and off to LV for the weekend to visit family (before he heads off to home later this week...sigh, I'm already feeling quite sad about that fact, especially since he informed me that he won't be attending the Saturday night soiree) They caught up with us at the Raven Cafe later that night...for a little hot cocoa. AND Dina and Nico called me early on Saturday for a little bite out...

Saturday night was an impromptu unpacking and movie night with a friend...and Sunday was the aforementioned breakfast, and a packing/cleaning party...I'm sore, tired and am having a little trouble moving my right arm. Have I mentioned that I have been going on little bits of sleep, so today I am trying to play a little catch-up, do laundry, clean around here and relax (all at the same time, I think the relaxing bit may be winning out)

...And Obsessions?

Well, I was getting to that...The Coconut Creme Kisses are out for Easter,

They are divine.
Oh so good.
Lovely.

A soft milk chocolate covering a creamy coconut center with toasted coconut pieces in it. They are just a tasty treat for the mouth indeed. Dina and I are already panicking because these things tend to be seasonal...and we just know that they are going to go the way of the white chocolate/peppermint Kisses, they already ran out of them at the local Target (which was a bummer, because they were on sale) I mean, I had just ran into the grocery the other day and they were marking down the Valentine Candy...and I got 3 bags of peanut butter Kisses for only 50 cents each. Just because they had had wrapping on the out side packaging? Whatever!

And I have been dancing and grooving around to The Marie Antoinette Soundtrack all weekend as well. I think I burned a copy for the house, one for the car, and one for the shop...

obsessed again?
I would think so...

3 comments:

sulu-design said...

My, my! You have quite the raging social life - good for you! I've never heard of those coconut kisses (which was probably a good thing) but I'm on the hunt for them now.

Anonymous said...

I LUV Ya!!! You are so real, so honest so perrrfect!!! I think the picture is wonderful. You do not have double chins! Everyone has to get a bit of a fold when they smile, unless they are Nicole Richie, Crica 72 lbs. And, what fun you had! No choco for me, not yet anyhow. I am still recovering the vertigo from too much choco last time!!XXO, Vanessa. Thank for the lovely beautiful smile!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the fun this weekend and organizing everyone together! We had an awesome (is that an old-school word seeing as how we used it in 6th grade?) time with you! I sure wish we lived closer!
Luv,
Suz

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin