04 July 2006

The Fourth...Cont'd.

Ahhh...the party...


Lot's of drinking (um...Tea and water...)




and dancing...
















and dancing...







and dancing...

(do these girls rock or what?)
The big question of the day was "where is the music coming from?" I have these wonderful outdoor speakers that look like rocks...so people were certainly confused!



And eating good food...




guacamole, chips and veggies...Potato salad, potato chips...Peppermint tea and the most wonderful raw chocolate pie with blackberries made by my mother...And an eggless chocolate cake with cashew whipped cream and strawberries (which she left over here...Do you think it would be wrong to eat them for breakfast?)







AND...The whole group at the end of the day...
(doesn't it look green? All the monsoon rain has been helping!)



I had a great time since I also left work early (I was the only store open on my street, so I felt justified) and came home with a little headache. My mom and Rozzie and GG came over early and mom and I knitted...I knitted my headache away, then was able to get ready for everyone to come over...It was a relatively small group of people considering some of my other 4th of July parties...And it was perfect! I remember being a little overwhelmed at the end of those parties, and this one was fun all the way through, and I came in and cleaned up everything and still have time to sit down and relax before tomorrow!

I decided not to go watch the fireworks somewhere, and am noticing that as I look out my living room window I can see them perfectly!
(I thought it was thunder!)

2 comments:

Rozzilyn said...

Yay, I was wondering how you got it all cleaned up. We had fun and can be hired out as party dancers if there's a need!

Anonymous said...

Um...there was also some futbol involved and a certain "guest" wanted to play hide-and-seek in the house. Best...party...EVER. And those speakers...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin