13 July 2006

Corners of my home



This is currently my favorite corner of my home...In the new studio! I get to see both colors of the room...Green and turquoise, in this corner. I love my little wall cupboard...It stores the little vintage jelly jars I got...That now have different colored buttons sorted in them. And guarding over them is Paul Frank's Julius dressed in his John Deere outfit...Then there is all the fabric I've collected on the shelves, with my favorite 1940's fabric pieces living on the top shelf. And, on the tippy-top of the shelves next to the only remaining spider plant in the room (not seen here) is the wonderful Fuchsia straw top hat! This hat sneaks over my eyes unless I am wearing my glasses...Flanked by the all powerful and beautiful pumpkin guy (who is mighty dapper, I might add) and...Finally, my beautiful vintage floral button tin! Oh, how I wish I had more of these tins, but they seem to be scarce here in N. AZ!
Actually, since I finally got all my materials gathered in one room, this is my current favorite room in the house period...My plan is to go through all the rooms in the house one by one, gathering all the things I don't need anymore, and urging them on to their new lives!
(I'll let you know how that goes!)

Last night I went to see the movie The Devil Wears Prada...loved it! I read the book when it first came out, and enjoyed it, but I can't remember if the movie follows the exact book because it's been so long...and I've decided to grow my hair out like Anne Hathaway has it in the movie...My hairdresser really loves me, I can't tell you how many times I've walked into his salon to announce that I want him to make me look like some star or another!
(I'll let you know how that goes too!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin