18 May 2010

R.I.P. Born...


Well here you are...proof positive that

Number one:  I have very skinny ankles

Number two:  These shoes have major problems

They're not supposed to be flng-flongs and yet, there they are with their fronts flappin like a 92-year old woman's under arms in the breeze when she's wavin' good bye to her grandkids.
Not a good look for a loafer.

I ran and got a tube of Krazy Glue...you know the stuff?  The one that glues that construction guy's hard hat to the rather large steel beam while he suspends himself several stories over the ground flinging his legs around all Krazy like?

Yeah.

It didn't work.

Unless you consider gluing your finger to your shoe while having your shoe sole not glued together working.

Yeah.

Me neither.

But this is just typical Krazy/Super glue behavior in my book.

It's been that kind of day really...now you'll excuse me while I go pry my finger loose from the sole of the shoes that will now be thrown away...

Is that Taps I hear?

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

You should seriously send that photo into Born. I bet the last owners did some type of jerry rigging to get them to the thrift store for sale, and hoped for some sucker to buy them...oh, I don't mean you of course. Thanks for the photo. Those of us that are visual needed it! :)

Anonymous said...

I had a pair for eight years (which was unheard of for me!) and I cried when I had to get rid of them. My feet haven't been the same since.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin