21 September 2007

Some People Should...

Come With a Warning...


This week, after the incident with the person at my shop, I went walking for my PM mileage. On the way home, I had to stop by the grocery and pick something up. Upon arriving at the grocery, I had been absolutely torturing myself, as Millstone has come out with the Pumpkin Spice flavored coffee (which is divine this time of year) and I couldn't buy because I am no longer drinking regular caffeinated coffee.

I then walked down the ice cream aisle. Just to torture myself? Probably. I stopped halfway down and pressed my nose against the glass door steaming it up in the area all around my face...Dryers has also come out with their limited edition Pumpkin Ice Cream (at this point I was ready to lie down into the fetal position and cry) I can't eat ice cream either (dairy problems you know) I mean, I could take a lactose pill, but I only really want a taste, and that's a silly reason to have something that tempting in my house...although maybe I could talk someone into keeping it in their freezer and I could visit it every once in a while?

I continued to the back of the store (cause' this innocent trip to the grocery could only get better right?) where I was a witness to a very interesting conversation indeed. An employee of the store was talking to the guy at the meat counter (I was hiding out in the chips)

Guy: "hey, I'm cooking dinner for a special lady tonight"

Meat Guy: "Oh yeah?"

Guy: "Yeah. So, what do you have that's really cheap or on sale?"

Wow...what a stellar person. Some poor girl is out there somewhere thinking she's really gotten a great guy because he's actually cooking for her...and she's going to be subjected to some cheap meat...This man needs to come with a warning that says:

Do not get naked with me, it can only end badly.

Some people need to come with warnings...

11 comments:

Tonya said...

That is so sad, that poor girl. What does he make for people who aren't special?...Oh and I'd be happy to keep the icecream at my house. Then you will have to drive 20 min to get a bite. hehe.

Anonymous said...

I am HAPPY to say that I WAS that unknowing girl that received such a dinner, from my now husband of 25 years. Money was a hard commodity for a very young dating couple, 25-30 years back. He had wanted to do something "special" for me. I truly was not privy to what he was wanting to cook for us. We had hamburgers (not the best ground beef by far!) grilled outside. It was December and we lived in Westport, Connecticut. Not the time for a bbq for sure. Even though I no longer can "eat" red meat, I get all dreamy and gooey inside when my hubby and I are eating a veggie burger. I am reminded, once again, that I chose a great and wonderful person to share my life with. Even "if" he didn't come with a large bank account. Maybe the girl that is sharing this "cheap" meal with this guy, is feeling all the things that I did.
My husband and I eventually did become "naked" and 25 years later, not a bad ending in sight.

Elle said...

Oooh all that pumpkin talk has me weak in the knees!! Pumpkin is my absolute FAVORITE thing ever - any and all things pumpkin are delicious. Now I'm going to have to stop myself from going by the store on the way home to get some of that ice cream... darn you...

I can keep some in my freezer here in Minneapolis for you - it would make it easy to leave alone!

sulu-design said...

Only you could turn a five minute grocery stop into a hilarious post. Love it.

flutter said...

Nothing says love like cheap meat.

Anonymous said...

Amen to what Flutter said... well put...LOL

Dee Light said...

Maybe he prepared something really special like hamburger helper and koolaid. How romantic!!!

You should so get the ice cream and invite some friend over. You could all have a taste and then it would be gone. If I don't get my little taste, I usually give in and eat way more than I should later!!!

Suzanne said...

Hey, how about a pumpkin decaf latte or frappuchino over at Starbucks? Are there even Starbucks in Prescott? (Funny I ask, but I can't ever remember seeing one there). I treated myself to one a few weeks back and it was delish!

Anonymous said...

There are just too many places to go with "cheap meat" and a man. I'm overwhelmed with the possibilities.

laura capello said...

dude. people should so come with warnings. like, seriously.

and am i the only person who doesn't like pumpkin flavored coffee? it's so thick, it makes the gag.

Anonymous said...

Your last two posts have me worried. There are crazy people out there! Like the hippies I encountered at the hospital. Oh My is all I can say. I hope that I'm normal, though, and that there isn't someone out there blogging about me being a weirdo! Ya know! I think I'm pretty normal. Sheesh, now I'm worried.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin