05 September 2007

It's What's For Breakfast...

Yesterday morning found me up and trying to take arty pictures of what I was going to have to start my day (other than a 4 mile walk) Some people take the loveliest pictures of their morning eats, and I know...according to my therapist, I'm not supposed to compare myself to people because I'll always come up wanting...
or rather I will perceive myself to be lacking...
(cause the first one isn't very nice is it?)

So...as Project Reduce the Tushie is in full swing...I thought I would try to change my eating habits as well. A little more well rounded eating (even though I found that if I try not to eat at all, and drink plenty of water...I actually loose weight faster. I loose weight faster too if I have the stomach flu, but neither of these are healthy ideals are they?) And within the last weekend, I've been noticing some significant body changes (aside from the huge blisters, and achy hips and back) So, let's recap the new plan:

  1. walk 8 miles a day
  2. complete 200 stomach crunches a day
  3. eat less...but healthier meals
And...in the spirit of biting off more that you can chew, here is the latest yummy breakfast treat...

A rice cake (cause' I'm one of those freaky people who like rice cakes. My mother used to feed them to us when I was younger, and compared to some of the other "healthy" snacks around, they are pretty good) with a layer of rice cream cheese (no dairy...and pretty darned tasty) topped with a layer of soy bacon bit and sundired tomato peanut butter. Plenty of protein, and a great taste (although it may be better on toast...but one that can not digest wheat and gluten can not be choosy) all being washed down with fruit juice (that also has emergen-c with MSM in it, for my sore joints...and a dollop of St. John's Wort, for my mental health) and some decaf organic coffee with soy cream (I don't like eggs and my ideal breakfast is cold Italian food...so, I'm trying here)

As you might imagine, changing my somewhat deeply ingrained eating habits leaves me wandering around the house looking into my various food storage facilities...eating up the last of the stuff I'm not supposed to have anymore...and taking stock of all the things I actually can digest and eat...





Let's open the fridge shall we?






Top shelf...
V8 juice, and some sort of V8 daily servings of fruit and veggie juice (good for vitamins...and I got the low sodium stuff, cause this can be salty) and my organic decaf beans...ground and unground. Mixed peanut butter, left over salsa from eating out while Rusty was here, and dinner from last night.

Second shelf...miso soup, peanut butter various spelt and soy flours, a cucumber (that needs to be in the veggie drawer, but I swear, if I put it in there I may forget to eat it) sundried tomatoes, 2 of a 6-pack of Raspberry Cider (alcoholic, but no wheat or gluten...I am a scattered drinker, and forget that I have alcohol in the house...it's not high on my list of priorities) refried beans, and 2 containers of icing (weird I know, but I keep thinking I'll make cupcakes)

Bottom Shelf...
roll out pie crust, organic grapes, organic salad mix, cut up cucumber, and spelt tortillas.

2 Drawers...Various fake soy cheeses, more fake flour, and cornmeal...more fresh veggies...

And in the door...Ketchup, and some designer mustard, Braggs (liquid amino's) soy margarine, Hershey's syrup (I have no idea where that came from...I don't really like that stuff) Parmesan cheese (needs to go), teryaki sauce, Organic Pace Picante sauce (and the Taco Bell hot sauce) molasses, dill relish, capers, small jellies, seltzer water, 2 kinds of vodka (again, I always forget they're there) Noni juice, more fruit juice, soy milk, soy cream, and organic salad dressing with no bad stuff in it (and ranch...and that does have bad stuff in it.)

I'll spare you the freezer cause it's mostly veggies and various potato products (yay tots!) I think it's time for a clean out, cause I swear I don't have any idea where half of this stuff came from...and I'll never use it.

It does seem mostly healthy which is why I eat out all the time...Ok, I'm just kidding...I have been trying to make healthier choices when I visit the grocery. I decided to try and eat dried fruit instead of candy for instance...and more veggies instead of chips (there is a pile of chips though that you haven't seen...I'm slowly eating my way through them)

And, I know I'm doing well with the new food change because I'm actually hungry in between meals...

And tonight, while I was eating the last of the Junior Mints (sigh) cause' I was a little hungry for dessert, giving myself the night off from my walking to baby my hips and back...and while being totally engrossed with my friends in blogland...

I almost ate a nickel that was on the computer table...
(it was right next to the Junior Mints)

at least I'm trying to get all my minerals in too...

9 comments:

thatgirldina said...

So THAT'S where I left my Hershey's syrup! I was wondering....

And since you seem to have all the ingredients to make those yummy PB Loco-esque wraps, I think a picnic might be in order this weekend.

xoxo,
-deenie

nuttnbunny said...

Rice cakes and nickels!

laura capello said...

oh, i was thinking you used the peanut butter with chocolate chips.

and did you know? your herseys is full of gluten?

Catalyst said...

Arrrrgggggghhhhh!

Thank god for the Junior Mints!

Anonymous said...

Keep it up, S! You can do it! (I write as I clock my morning mileage on the treadmill.)

Anonymous said...

eating nickels... bwahahahahahaha!

Dee Light said...

200 crunches? Oh wow you're going to look "HOT"!!! I think I would be eating the Hershey's syrup. There's something about dieting that makes me crave every unhealthy thing I can find!!! Keep up the good work.

Oh, and the photo of your breakfast was very artful.

sulu-design said...

I love that you go hunting for the leftovers of what shouldn't be around! I found myself doing that for the past two nights, but since we've only been in our place less than a month, we haven't amassed the naughty foods yet. It's no fun to be stuck with carrot sticks when you're hoping to find some dark chocolate.

flutter said...

You are quite the healthy eater

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin