26 September 2007

Heat...

I turned on the heat for the very first time yesterday morning...I was sitting here shivering, and decided to go for it...the gas bill be damned. So, I changed the heater filter and on it went...I then rushed into the bathroom and closed the door. Since it's the smallest space in the house, it's also the warmest...specially when I'm taking a bath with the door closed...I'm trying to figure out how to haul the TV and my bed in there. Then again, I suppose I could use the MacBook and sleep in the bathtub...

I also think the cat was in pure bliss...

She's rediscovered the lovely covered down pillows I made for her to lie in the sun in front of the big picture window...to make the large vintage chest that lives there more comfortable for her. One of them is topped with a super special added bonus...

A thin cushion that has a crunchy inside (kind of like a Butterfinger without all the chocolate...we don't want a chunky kitty girl) and is covered by leopard fur...Oh yeah, totally sexy for the kitty to stretch out...

meow.

Anyway, the crunchy inside is some sort of space aged material (well...that's what I told her, because she likes being on the cutting edge you know) that reflects her own body heat back to her. So, as she lies there, she's perpetually warm. Since she has this weird habit of pestering me to go outside in the mornings...where she stays out long enough to get really chilled and either runs in and looks for a spare lap or jumps up into her cushions...She's weird...but it's always been like that (she also likes to eat avocados)

I wonder if she would mind if I borrowed her leopard cushion and brought it into the bathroom too?

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I wish I had my camera with me right now, sitting in a smooshy chair, with my dog Alex, lined up next to me, trying to find space next to this ever-expanding body of mine. Talk about generating heat! I just got up to turn our AC down (cooler) as it is set for it's daytime/work temps, and I'm home this week. Anywho....this pup is like one of those heat reflecting blankets, or maybe that would be me doing that to him? In any case....HOT!

flutter said...

OOOOH those eyes, what a beauty

Carol Dunton said...

lol !!!
the visual of you in your bathroom with all of your accessories to keep warm with is too funny!

it's 7:33 pm right now...and 86 degrees here... I think I've forgotten what cold feels like!

: )
cute miss kitty!
VB

Anonymous said...

Awww! Kitty! I love to watch my two chase the sunshine across the floor in a never-ending quest to have the warmest nap spot possible. And then as soon as they get good and asleep, I go over and mess with them. Hee!

stilettoheights said...

I refust to turn on the heat until at least october, luckily it's been 90 degrees here....oh wait, that's not luck, that's global warming.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin