14 September 2007

7 Things...

* Always a bridesmaid, never a...OK, so my day yesterday ended a little differently than I imagined it would. For those of you who are holding their breath...no, I did not get married (you may kindly exhale now) but a good friend and customer of mine (someone who I've become close with because of owning Snap Snap) came into the shop yesterday with the news that she and her finace' were getting married...today! (Well, yesterday) and did I know anyone who performed ceremonies? We put our heads together and came up with someone, and she asked me if I would come out to Lynx Lake after I got off work to stand up and be a witness. I did, and it was sweet. How lovely to get married on the fly like that! It was also the officiants wedding anniversary, so it was doubly special. This is also the first time I met her finace', who seems just as great as she's been telling me all these years. It made me think that when/if I get married again, I would love to go somewhere in nature...do it simply with my partner...and have a party afterwards. I wish them all the luck in the world!

* I watch the same movies over and over again. I like to watch new movies sometimes...but there's something comforting in watching the same thing happen...and knowing it's going to turn out OK...or badly, I suppose, depending on the movie. I am watching The Fifth Element right now...It's on TV, plus I own the movie...and I watched it not too long ago with Rich.

*I believe in love. I do. Even after the divorce. It's just one of those facts of life. It has to be. It's one of the only things that keeps me going. I have noticed that hearts have been coming to me more and more...just showing up everywhere, I don't fight it anymore, but acknowledge them, and put them around my house when appropriate (maybe they're just little reminders for me? In case I forget) I am hopeless romantic, and I love anything that is romantic or reeks of romance...you could give me a rock and say, "I was thinking of you" and I will swoon. Reach out and touch me in even a distracted way...Swoon. You can remember some little detail of something I once told you...swoon again. Because romance is so often in those little gestures of living your everyday life. Just to know someone somewhere was thinking of me? Swoon.

* I am an avid reader. I simply adore books and can go completely overboard with collecting them. I have a library in my house, and am constantly both adding to it and culling it. I love the way they smell and feel. I usually enjoy all sorts of books, reading in a rhythm of self help, fantasy, kids fantasy, science fiction, craft books, books that make me think, 30-something love stories...but during the holidays? All I can read are trashy romances. It is the weirdest thing...but, they're the only thing I can wrap my mind around.

* I have a chicken pox scar right under the outer corner of my left eye. A little over, and it would have been in a nasty spot. When I got the chicken pox in Jr. High, it was the week of cheer try-outs (damn. And, suppose that if I would've made cheer, it would have changed the entire direction of my life...considering most of the girls that were on the cheer team were pregnant when we graduated...my life may have been very different indeed) But, when I got the pox, I had them all over from the torso, up...including in my mouth, throat and ears. I had one pox on my legs...

*I wear make-up. I have since Jr. High (not just to cover up my pox scars) not a lot but some. If I do leave the house with the minimalist amount of make-up...the least I can get by with, that would be face powder and mascara...then, I'm still good to go. Otherwise, I don't feel quite right. I kind of got a whole lot more girlier sometime in my recent past, and now even carry my glittery shiny lip gloss in a little bag in my purse...along with stuff for putting my hair up.

*I was on the flag team in High School. Yes, I was in band. Yes, I lettered in band. Yes, I have a letterman's sweater from Prescott High School...and Yes, I went to band camp. I did not stick a flute or my flag anywhere it shouldn't have been...they weighed like 25 lbs. and that would have been a tad bit awkward (to say the least)

Now...I dare you to tell me 7 things about yourself in either the comments or on your blog...

I also dare you to have an amazing weekend!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our wedding was funny It was straight out of a comedy film. Imagine my family (country club set) hubby's family (beer-drinking rowdies), and a Norweigian photographer!

It was to be outside, but it started raining, then storming. I kid you not about what I'm about to say... it DID happen!

You know the part in the ceremony that the preacher says something about knowing why the two shouldn't get married? Well, lightning struck nearby, the clap of the thunder was huge, the lights blinked and the telephone rang (Target called and wanted to know how my wedding day was going... ARRGH!).

We just laughed...Life is about having fun!

Anonymous said...

link to description with pics...

:-D)

http://lowdownfromlois.blogspot.com/2007/06/were-home.html

Dee Light said...

Wow, a spur of the minute wedding!! How fun!!!

"Band Camp" I'm glad to hear you had a well behaved instrament.

I'm tagging you, for 7 random things about you, but I guess todays post fills the bill!!! Stop by my blog and you can find 7 things about me!!!

Anonymous said...

Great seven things! I, too, enjoy watching movies over and over again. I think a spur-of-the-moment wedding sounds absolutely delightful. I'm ashamed to say I turned into a horrible bridezilla when it came time to wed Honey. Should have eloped.

laura capello said...

oh! oh! oh!

we got married in our backyard. if/when you ever want to get married outside in kansas, I CAN TOTALLY HOOK YOU UP.

Anonymous said...

Spur of the moment!! Wowowowoieieie. Those people were brave! even if I were in love, I would have to be sedated to become a Mrs. You could tape record my voice and press play for me, when the guy finishes dragging me up their.. HA!
Oh, I am so glad you did a 7 things!! Love that!! Wow, rich has a snazzzzie blog! Oh Halloween, we love you so.. Don't we fairy with bells??? xoxoxoxoox

I forgot 2 important things in my 7 things. I have never waxed my eyebrows in my whole life, and I don't wear false eyelashes. Not that anyone cares! Ha!!

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

to fun...loved the look at the real you...blessings, rebecca

Catalyst said...

Well, CB, I've tagged you too. Twice. Check my blog. But you may already have done your duty.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin