24 September 2007

The Baby Shower...


OK...let me start by saying that last week was a full creative week...

Which seemed to make it go very fast indeed.

I had a baby shower to go to for a good childhood friend this last Sunday down in Phoenix, so I had some things to make for her soon to be real live baby boy...

(and yes, this is the hand of the baby shower hostess who was joking around...and it happened to be the only picture of the cake I took that was in focus. sigh)





I went to Wal-Mart (ugh, I know) and got a set of these organic baby oneseis and hat, mitties, and several pairs of socks. I wasn't too impressed with the designs they came with, and mom-to-be like me, is an avid sock monkey fan (in fact, she brought me a purprise...a whole pack of cards with sock monkey's on them!) So...I ironed on and sewed some sweet little sock monkey's (from my much hoarded sock monkey fabric collection) onto the onesies, and the hat for her...

There's just not enough sock monkey baby clothes out there, is there?


And why stop there?

I thought he also needed a little tee with one of the Mexican Fortune cards on it as well...I have a couple of more things to make him, that I didn't quite have time to finish as I got totally sucked into another major project (I'll show you that tomorrow)

It was a lovely trip, and I went just early enough to run by Trader Joe's to pick up some yummies for myself. I wanted to go shopping as well, but realized that I have enough stuff, and clothes...and am wondering if it is indeed a sign that I am growing up that I am not going clothes shopping in trade for food...

On the way home...there was some sort of major traffic problem that backed the freeway up on the other side about 50 miles or so...I was super excited to be heading the opposite direction, I can't imagine when those people got home...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I *hart* the sock monkey addition to the outfits! That makes them oh so speshul!

Anonymous said...

Oh, have I ever told you my friend's Walmart theory?

Go to any walmart anywhere in the country at any time and you guaranteed taht there is one person in there shopping who's had an intimate relationship with a farm animal...

In some locations you can add the word "per aisle" to that theory.

Tee hee....I try to avoid Wally Worlds at all costs...

Anonymous said...

Ya know, when I was a kid, my grandmother's sock monkeys used to creep me out. I would stay over and I swear they were staring at me all night. Now, I think they are cute...in other peoples' houses....

laura capello said...

i hate walmart.

but i forgive you for buying organic cotton clothes AND MAKING THEM SO DAMN CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Love those little sock monkey outfits!

Dee Light said...

The sockmonkey are too cute!!! what a great idea.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin