07 August 2007

Portrait of a Cat...

My current housemate is quite hairy, not in the shave your back hairy kind of way (although, I suppose I could, but that may result in a shut out of epic proportions)

She came to live with me about 9 years ago from the Humane Society, as a gift for another cat I had at the time. Yes, she is another pet's pet. Sydney disappeared, but Meena seems to be here to stay. She was a little older at the time than I wanted...I wanted a kitten, but walked into the kitty holding pen...she looked at me said, "MIAOW!" quite loud and fell over on her back...

"Oh yeah, I'll take that one"

She taught the other cats I had that trick...which was always amusing, because whenever I walked up to any of the cats, whether they be in or out...they would all miaow loudly then drop where they stood...

"My goodness...I think the cat's died..."

She's quirky and fun...she's just spent the morning sniffing around on the floor for errant coffee grounds that might have dropped there (she loves coffee grounds)

She also loves
avocados and artichokes (she's an A-veggie kind of gal) she often will come running when I yell her name (like a dog, she gives a lot of my friends pause) she enjoys it when I chase her around the house, and is really friendly...she loves men.

Loves them...

If it's between me
and a man, she'll choose the man every time, even if she just met him. Yup, loosing another girlfriend to a man. Even though I sing goofy songs to her all the time (heavens, you don't think thats why do you?) She sleeps on the chair behind me when I'm home, and is shedding so much this season, there are drifts of kitty hair collecting all over...I am vacuuming constantly...

I leaned back the other night to give her a little kiss...and came back with a mouthful of hair. So, now I think I have hairballs...

She's my only kitty right now, and I know she likes it that way. Sometimes we discuss getting another one, but she always rolls her eyes and me, sighs and walks out tha' room...

She's my home girl
She's got my back

(I think she may owe me rent)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's probably more like you owe HER rent... kitties own people ya know...no way around it!

I like avocados and artichokes too!

Happy Wednesday! :-D)

Anonymous said...

There's nothing quite like being owned by a cat.

Anonymous said...

Tu gato de tortuga es muy bonito.

Carol Dunton said...

LOL... I love da kitty kat! Too funny... the way you describe her just paints such a picture in my mind. She's a beauty and I think you're awesome to have brought home a kitty that wasn't a kitten. Miss Meena seems to be very content with her roommate...
As for the hairballs, try some vaseline on your nose, girlfriend. LOL... too damn funny!
Love you...
VB

Anonymous said...

What a great cat! And good luck collecting rent--if she's anything like our cat, she probably thinks of hairballs as currency. ewww :D

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed meeting Meena very much! What a wonderful story. She is a little beauty :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin