23 August 2007

The Big Bag...

Among all the walking and hiking and being in the outdoors this weekend...was sprinkled some "down time"

Now, I don't know
about y'all, but I am noticing after a full week in which there is also a lot of hiking and walking...peppered with working...

I have a hard time relaxing.

There...I said it.


I don't relax well.

When I have days off, I like to have fun...sometimes to the extreme, sometimes to the just enough. I had decided early on that I would try to take every opportunity to rest this last weekend...especially after losing the voice and having the sniffles and sneezes.

So, I did have wonderful intentions. I tried laying down several times...but alas, I could not tempt sleep to visit with me more than 20 minutes at a time...I guess I was just too wound up (you'd think all the activity I have been participating in would make me drop in my tracks)

So...instead of sleeping, I fantasized about sewing (I know...you can roll your eyes at me too) Mostly about a new top to wear to a party that I will be attending this Saturday...I hopped up to do the initial cutting of the fabric, and realized that it hadn't been washed yet...so, into the laundry it went (where it is still sitting in the dryer as we speak) while I paced around, now wanting desperately to sew something.

I remembered that some time ago, I washed my Mexican Lotteria fabric in anticipation of making a new LARGE bag to carry all my goods in to and from Snap Snap.

So...out it came, with the star fabric for the liner, the pink skull fabric for the handles, and the natural batting I always have on hand for a quilting emergency. I had to chuckle at myself (because I had decided reluctantly to sew in between each fortune card because it just didn't look right unless I did) when sometime during the day Rich called to check in and ask me what I was doing,

"quilting!"

I also said
some other not so silly things (actually quite nasty as I was at the pivotal "struggling with the stupid straps" part of the project...sorry Rich, I did call and apologize shortly after)

It felt so good
to finally be done with this project...even if everyone makes fun of me for the big bags I carry to and from work...but really, they're the perfect size for all the stuff I inevitably find myself toting around...

Perfect indeed...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the bag! I have never seen skulls look so cheerful! Gotta love the pink!

Anonymous said...

I'm a HUGE fan of big bags. :D And good for you for finishing. :D

Anonymous said...

I love the bag! You're so ambitious to sew between all the cards. That fabric is so cool! Didn't you post it when you first bought it?

quilteddogs said...

Oh, I like your bag a lot. I also like your store although I have not been in it for awhile.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!! I might wsteal it someday!!! xoxo

dreaming of sewing.... you are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Excellent bag! I couldn't live without my big bag.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin