16 August 2007

Hoarse...

Well...

I spoke too soon.

My personal trainer suggested that I come home after work and rest. The tone of my voice was worrying him, as he listened to it get more strained and laryngitis like by the end of the day (it's so nice to be worried about) so...I heeded his advice, even though I feel fine...I sound awful, and I am tired...

Only stopping to
go to Thaifoon, the little take-out Thai place right down the street from my house. They make the best food, plus...they have no space and wait to make it for you fresh after you order, using no MSG, no animal fat, no wheat, and some fresh veggies from their own garden.

I ordered:

Thai Crack (oh, that's a Tom Ka special to the average person)...a veggie based soup with, coconut milk (you can get it without as well, Tom Yum Ka) and a ton of mushrooms, cilantro, baby corn, onions, tofu, bamboo, lemongrass and red chili...I always order it mild, cause I don't do well with a lot of hot spiciness (actually, since they make it right there...you can order it with or without whatever you want...)

1 order of Veggie Spring Rolls...veggies and tofu in fresh rice wraps, with the special recipe peanut sauce.

That should fix me up...plus, the lemongrass has antimicrobial properties and now I crave this soup whenever I'm sick (it's also good when I'm not sick...only to be surpassed by Malee's Thai Bistro in Scottsdale) OH...and I stopped to get more OJ. I'm not a huge OJ drinker, and usually only drink in when I feel like I need more C in my life (and when I drink it, I go for the pulpy kind...and this has the amazing title of Most Pulp on the top of it...you almost have to use a spoon to drink it...I'm in heaven! I will not be drinking it with my Thai food however) And, my latest issue of Cosmo came.

Pick your jaws up...
I subscribe to Cosmo...it's my dirty little trashy magazine. This month's issue has "his #1 sex fantasy" in it...I'm gonna' open it up and see if my picture is at the top of the article (tee-hee)

I was going to take a picture of all of this goodness for you...but I accidentally left my camera at the shop, and I am too tired to run and get it (that's why you're getting my lima beans from the other night...yet, another food I love)

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Sorry to hear that your voice is going...or gone. I hope you're not getting something. Are you able to stay home or are you working? It's seems like you're really taking care of yourself. I've never been to that thai place, I go to the Thai House. I love their pad thai, curry chicken, cashew chicken, green beens and sooooo much more I could go on. I want to come in soon but I'm always so busy. I was at Sally's yesterday and wanted to stop in but I know that I have to have time on my hands because we can never just talk for a few minutes. I'm always rushing lately. Take care and I hope that everything else is going good.
T.

Anonymous said...

Ooh... be good to you. Rest is important in the long run. :D

And you veggie lovers confuse me. Heh.

Granny J said...

Tai Foon is a good stop for food; I like to sit at one of the tables and watch the people. Also especially good: the Thai restaurant over in PV.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin