14 August 2007

Bet Cha' Didn't Know...

I've been tagged by my good friend over at Velvet Brick to share a few random facts about myself...

1. I have a tattoo of the Cat In The Hat on my right ankle. I love it! I thought about getting it for quite a while before I did, because everyone warned me that I'd better pick something that I would like forever since it would be on there for as long as that...and I am a huge Cat In The Hat fan. I immediately wanted another tattoo...and have also been wanting to get an arm band, but darned if I can't for the life of me decide on the exact design...

2. I am not that great at giving directions. I have lived up here in the North land for a long while, and I still get the names of the highways mixed up, and the street names sometimes are not familiar (I'm more of a visual landmark person) yet, I get at least 3 people on a weekly basis that purposefully walk into my shop to ask directions. It is the most bizarre thing ever! I usually get people straightened out by sometimes hauling out the phone book and looking at the map in there...

3. I don't like the food on my plate to touch. It's fine if it's supposed to...like gravy on mashed potatoes. But, gravy on other veggies? NO WAY! Or mashed potatoes mixed with other veggies? Or the gravy on bread...or anything other than butter on bread...ick. It's weird, I spend a lot of time partitioning things so they don't touch...

4. I am somewhat of a mechanical genius...my parents were divorced when I was 10, and it fell to my shoulders to tinker around with things and figure them out (plus, I usually always read directions before I put things together or before I use things) I set all the clocks and watches and did all that kind of stuff...yet, I can not for the life of me figure out how to program my new dual DVD and VCR machine to tape things. Something also happened to my stereo and there's some sort of timer set on the thing, and if I don't take all the CD's out, I get serenaded at midnight. At first I thought it was some sort of romantic Say Anything thing...and someone was standing outside my house with a boom box...but, it was just the stereo in the living room.

5. I have always wanted someone to serenade me with a boom box outside of my window...

6. I have a hard time sitting still through a movie anymore. I get shifty. I like to watch movies more and more at home, and I get up to do all sorts of things during them...pause-laundry pause-cook food pause-talk on the phone pause-go potty a million times...it makes it hard to go to the movie theater, which is a bummer, cause I want to see Stardust on the big screen.


7. When I was a teenager and developing my more womanly curves...one of my mom's friends told me that if you slept without your bra on, your chest would get bigger. Ever since then I don't sleep with a bra on. Actually, thinking about it, I don't think that it would be comfortable to sleep with a bra on. I suppose it worked...I wonder if there's anything I can sleep without to make myself taller?

8. I don't lend out my books or my clothes. I value them too much, and in the past have had too many people not return them. If I do happen to pass on a book to someone, it's usually with the thought in my mind that I do not expect to ever see it again.

9. I am a hopeless romantic. I love romantic things and actions, I love candles and love letters, poems and music, movies...I love when people in my life take the time out to really do something wonderful for me, or with me. Maybe I like thoughtfulness? That's it...I like to know people are thinking of me even when they're not with me.

OK...that's all I can think of right now (at least things that are fit to print on the blog!) I have no idea who to tag next...so, if anyone out there wants to do this meme...please do, and leave me a comment so we can all know more about you!

3 comments:

laura capello said...

oh, now i'm the opposite. i'm a mix-food-junkie.

Anonymous said...

I giggled a little reading this. You're so funny! Would the opposite of the sleeping-with-bra-thing work? Probably not... I seelp with the panties on and my butt doesn't get any smaller. *sigh*

And my husband says that I'm terrible at giving directions. I think I'm a visual type gal like you.

Carol Dunton said...

LOL!! Great little tidbits about my buddy! Who knew ?!?!? Thanks for sharing these little secrets about yourself! It's a much easier thing to think about doing than actually doing!

I had to giggle at #5...

I just love ya girlfriend...you make me smile!
Thanks for being such a good sport! : )

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin