22 August 2007

My Wife...

My Self...

As I was staggering, um...walking around the hood the other night, jammin to my music...and listening to my stomach grow in time to the beat, I had an interesting thought.

I wish I had a microwave.

I don't have one, and my excuse has always been, because my grandmother and my mother don't have one...I don't need one. But, I was feeling so very hungry and out of energy that I thought I might like to get a pile of Lean Cuisine and have them for myself for dinners...that way, it would be like someone was cooking for me. Now I know it's not a good idea to stuff my body with all this processed food, especially after I have been working so hard to get in shape...But, wouldn't it feel good to have a warm meal waiting for you when you get home? (at some point it would be nice to have someone meet me at the door with a martini in hand as well...but not necessary) Or just someone wanting to cook for you? Nurture you with food...and perhaps ask you about your day?

I mean,
you are talking to the woman who prepares the auto-coffee maker the night before so as to have coffee ready at a certain time the next morning...and I have been known to leap out of bed and do a happy dance around the kitchen...feeling so very loved because apparently the coffee fairy visited and made me a cuppa (Yes...I realize that I prepared it, and I've since switched to decaf, but I still smile when the little things are done for me)

And, last night...as I gratefully took the night off from my PM walk (I needed a little break) I laughed out loud at this bottle of wine I stumbled across at CostPlus...
Mad Housewife...Cabernet Sauvignon (2005) The Description is as follows:

Somewhere near the cool shadows of the laundry room.
Past the litter box and between the plastic yard toys.
This is your time.
Time to enjoy a moment to yourself.
A moment without madness.
The dishes can wait.
Dinner be damned.
Mad Housewife Cabernet Sauvignon.



I had to buy it...because I love a Cab. and I snorted so much in the aisle, I figured I owed it to myself.

I've been a wife...and a darned good one. I love to bake and cook and nurture, I love to ask someone about their day, and then listen to them. But maybe, just maybe...

I need a wife.

Or perhaps I need to make frozen dinners that can be easily reheated for myself during the week...

One's that can be made in the oven and enjoyed with a glass of Cab.

Now, if I could only get the cat to dress up in an apron and learn how to mix a drink...

7 comments:

thatgirldina said...

Okay. You just made me snort coffe out my nose. Thanks. :)

And no, it wasn't decaf.
xoxo,
-deenie

nuttnbunny said...

nuttnhubby and I frequently lament the fact that we don't have a wife. :-)

And the microwave? Totally over-rated.

Anonymous said...

Gotta say, I dig my microwave!

After climbing way too long yesterday I stumbled into the Airstream STARVING. What to do? Ah, break out the leftover rice and tofu and nuke it. 45 seconds later I was happier and calmer, as food was ready.

Great wine bottle by the way! :)

Dee Light said...

I just don't know what I would do without a microwave!!! But i don't have a coffee maker. Love the bottle of wine. Too Cute!!!

Carol Dunton said...

LOL !!! Oh this is CHOICE!!! Girl, you just crack me up... of course 'wifery' is in our make-up! Love that bottle of vino...a classic and a bottle that you need to save even when the contents are gone! As for the microwave... I don't use mine every day, but boy...when I need it, I am so glad that I have it! Walmart sells a great one for $80...worth every penny...got one for my classroom, too! Tell Miss Mena that she's a doll.... gosh girl... ya crack me up!

xoxox
VB

Granny J said...

The wine bottle is choice -- almost reason enough to go over to Cost-Plus. As for wives, I'm convinced that every working woman needs at least one.

stilettoheights said...

Mad Housewife...OMG that is wonderful, I want to drink it straight from the bottle as I roam through my new neighborhood visiting antique shops and used book stores.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin