02 March 2007

Par-tay...


Oh yes, after careful consideration (that lasted all of about 5 minutes) I decided to throw caution to the wind and move the party to Friday night instead.

Oh yes, that's tonight isn't it?

I've been up since early baking frosted brownies and lemon bars, and doing a quick sweep of the house until I get home from work this evening to do a more thorough cleaning (nothing like cleaning for a party...and having to re-clean is there?) And the reason for the switch of nights for the party?

It's not just that I'm and insane people pleaser, but the D-man is leaving early tomorrow, and from what I've gathered, tonight is actually a better night for most everyone who's coming. It's been a busy...super busy week, and I think a little fun and relaxation and recovering from a hangover (just kidding) would be the nice way to start the weekend (of which I officially have off...thank you very much)

No, I have no plans for my first official weekend, other than Dina's plan to be totally beautiful. We decided it would be a spa weekend, since we can't afford a real spa. I'm not sure how the 4 year old boy will enjoy this, but he's usually up for most things...

I'll be sure to take lot's of pictures and post them sometime this weekend...

Love to all...

3 comments:

sulu-design said...

Fun, fun, fun! A party and an improvised spa weekend? And you're not working?!? ENJOY!

Bobbypin Bandit said...

Your table setting looks lovely and welcoming. I totally would be the rude guest to stick my finger in your lemon bears, if I was there. I love lemon bars, and yours look yummy-licious!! Have fun, don't stress about cleaning too much, you're going to have to pick up your house after all the guests leave anyway!

Anonymous said...

What fun!!!! What a hard little worker you are!!! My goodness!!! I hate cleaning. I mean I love the scent of clean bleached out lemonified things! But, I detest the process.. I always have sooo much to do.. So, that would be me, cleaning at the last minute.. Although, the place is generally clean, so tidy-ing would be the biggest part.... Give me a pile of papers and I can get them in every nook and cranny in 14 seconds....

I hope you have a lovely time!!!! Keep us posted!!! xxo, vanessa

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin