10 March 2006

What'd You Got?

That's the question Rozzilyn asked my mom when she returned from yardsales...way back when she was little (at least a couple of years ago!)...I think it may have been followed by...what'd you got for me?


This last week, I got a few fun things!

The first is this really great set of dishes...they have been so well loved, that some of the paint design has worn off of them! They are so cheery they match my kitchen perfectly...I originally got them for my mom, but found that I couldn't quite part with them just yet. They were only $1.50 each!




I also got this fun and wild 1970's corduroy material...the stripey one...and am going to pair it with the polka dot's to make a fun bag to carry my knitting around in, and also make a needle case for all of my knitting needles (which I'm slowly stealing from my mother's house...hehehe) The corduroy material was maybe $1.00 at the thrift, the polka dot's came from JoAnns.



The cute floral material is from JoAnn's and was on sale for $3.00/yard and I was thinking what great apron material it would make for this months Tie One On challenge. And maybe I'll make an apron for myself as well...I would love to copy some of the vintage full aprons my mom has hanging around (or she use to), as they are really hard to find! The pumpkin material was at WalMart for only $1.oo/yard so, I picked up 2 yards (big splurge) because it's just too sweet! I happened to run in there quickly last night en route to Prescott Valley to pick up some magnet sheets for the paperdolls from Hillary at Wee Wonderfuls...I love these, and can't wait to put them up on my fridge!




And...the best for last...



This 1950's quilt top from a yard sale last weekend! My mom is now laughing because she's wanting me to buy stuff to post on the blog..."oh...that will look soooo good on your blog!" This is actually too wonderful, and for only $10.00, who could resist? Maybe someday, I'll back it and actually quilt it! I love the black and white color theme...and inside some of the black and white squares is a little strawberry! I also got a whole little baggie of random vintage half sewn quilt pieces at the same place for only $4.00.

1 comment:

Rozzilyn said...

That reminds me-I still haven't taken the Around the World quilt top I got at that sale out of the bag or maybe even out of the car! If I wrote on my blog as much as I comment on yours-I would have a blog!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin