26 March 2006

Sunday March the 26th...

Participants
  • Mama
  • Rozzilyn
  • Sadira


Wahoo...another Creative Sunday! And we were in top form this week...let me tell you! I actually got the sewing machine all to myself...hehehe, a lucky break for me and the skirt AND matching bag I made!


The yellow fabric I used is a vintage tablecloth I found at a thrift this week during a 15% off sale for only $3.40! It had about a million holes in it, but I was able to utilize most of the fabric without the holes (yay) and for a few of the holes, I am rigging up some fun patchwork! There is a larger size black fabric band which makes the yellow part of the skirt hang below my hips, and the trim on the bottom is a black ribbon. The pattern on the skirt is dogwood blossoms which is special to me as I can remember my grandmother talking about the dogwoods blooming in the spring...although I remember them as pink...not yellow! (I am envisioning myself wearing this on my birthday...Easter Sunday in Italy!)






I also made a matching patchwork handbag which is odd because I usually don't like matching fabric outfits for myself. Perhaps it's because I realized that I need a new spring handbag! I used the rest of the non-holey part of the tablecloth for the outside and paired it with some fun floral upholstery fabric I happened to have "lying around", and I used the black trim ribbon for even more trim and for the handles of the bag. I lined the bag with the upholstery fabric and made a large interior pocket out of the tablecloth fabric for those all important things like lipstick and gum, and paired with the outside pocket for keys and sunglasses, I'm all set! I am also in the process of knitting myself a black wool cell phone holder...




*****************

My mom and Rozzie worked on some cute Easter chicks out of felt...These little guys are so cute! With thier little hats and aprons and chickie feet! There were a few more that the glue hadn't dried on, so they couldn't be stuffed, and lying on the table made them look like an Easter chick line-up! I think they did an amazing job considering there was a lot of felt flying around and a lot of giggling (there was also a little black chickie eye on the bottom of Rozzie's sock that we found while we were out taking our afternoon walk!)



My mother made a little Japanese Zakka piece...her special project for the day...




And, although it was hard to tear ourselves away from all of the creativity...we went on a walk and window shopped downtown, after some really yummy trail mix...Peanut butter and chocolate and nuts and raisins!

2 comments:

Rozzilyn said...

It looks like skirt making is in the air! Have you seen the other sites with skirts and they all have shades of yellow? Looks like blog consciousness is at work-smile.

Anonymous said...

What cute chickies!! I love that one on the right's Easter hat!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin