22 March 2006

OH Knit!

Well, after the fun and sticking snowfall yesterday afternoon, I bundled up after I got home from work, threw my knitting needles and yarn into a backpack, and went on foot to my mom's house! What a fun 3 weeks of winter we've had...and I'm looking at the forecast, and it looks as though it will be warming up! The wonderful thing about snow in Prescott, is that it usually melts quite fast...and we're needing all the moisture we can get, so most of the time, I can look out the window and smile at what is happening outside...because in five minutes it will be something entirely different!
Last night I abandoned the ugliest scarf in the world, and started a new project which I will not be showing, due to various birthdays that may or may not be coming up (sneaky huh?) and have actually almost finished one phase! Wahoo...a finished knitting project! (who'd have thunk?) My mother is still working on her bag and is claiming snow blindness because of the sheer white of the yarn she is using...and is reminded why it is so easy to put down one project in favor of another one...sheer boredom!
She's also getting ready to blog...and we worked on styling out her blog page, although there still remains questions...always with the questions with these computery things! We created a blog for the Rozz as she flitted and played around us...and my mother read from the
blogfathers which had us all in stitches! How do these guys do it? (Heck, how do any of us do it?)




Mom also made biscuits...mmmm...not raw food, but comfort none the less. Rozz jumped around and sang happily when she knew what we were eating! And mom and I had a bit of biscuit etiquette problems. When I was a child, we had to eat one biscuit plain, and only then were we allowed to eat one with honey or molasses and butter (mixed up together and then spread on...my Kentucky relative roots showing...ah, the hill folk!) So, last night she got the honey out right away and I was asking, "so....can I have honey on my first one...or do I have to wait?" You know, I'm not always sure I'm an adult when I'm around my mom...and I've been trying to think back and wonder if Rozz is allowed honey on her first one (probably, I think parents loose the stringent-ness with the last child)...although, Rozz would probably not eat honey on anything...maybe frosting...Definitely frosting, but not honey!

So...after a lovely evening of biscuits...fruit salad, and knitting...I bundled up and walked home...




1 comment:

Monsieur Pain d'épices said...

salut j'ai recu ton mail i'am not very good to speack and to read engish languegue but i just can't to explain my opinion when i see a good picture and i said today yours two picture is good
sorry for my explication but may be one day i can't to spoke in a very good english
see you again and thank you my doors to my blog is always open
and we did say in corsica "pacè è salute"

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin