14 March 2006

Self Portrait Tuesdays...Series Two


After I "Put on My Face"...I go to work.
This series is of me, the same time in the morning for a week after getting ready and then getting ready to dash off to another day at the shop!
"Putting on my face"...that phrase reminds me of my grandmother...who is:
  • #1 still alive and well at 92
  • #2 still has a face
I loved watching her put on her makeup and get ready for the day when I was younger, as I did with my mother also. I wonder if all little girls love doing that?
(And, I wonder why it doesn't hold the same fascination when I do it to myself now?)

In the hurry-up rush of wanting to grow up, I can remember just being so excited to get to the age when I could put on my own makeup. And then, I can remember the first official grown-up girl makeup that my mom bought me when I was in Junior High...the one with the eyeshadow in various shades of lavender and purple (the 80's...remember that?). I remember how she and a friend at the time reminisced about being my age...and told each other that they wouldn't want to be that age ever again...I remember thinking at that time, "why?" Now, looking back, and having lived through it, I know. I can remember them talking about a boy I had a crush on, the first of many to come (I can not, however, remember who that boy was)...and I remember the day that someone stole my beautiful purple eyeshadow from me in gym class. Which was a good lesson on why you need to put your face on before you leave home!






















(I love this sweater!)


1 comment:

Rozzilyn said...

I read the part about watching her put on her make to GG so is that full circle now? How do you remember all this stuff? Amazing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin