08 March 2006

OH Knit!

Well, Cody, my mother, Rozzilyn and I gathered for another Tuesday night of knitting and eating and talking about the world at large! We had veggie stroganoff over lettuce, flax crackers with cashew hummus, fresh chai tea, and a wonderful coconut, pineapple, nut ice cream like parfait for dessert. All raw, of course, courtesy of my uncooking mother!



My progress is moving steady with the ugliest scarf in the world, and may be ready to post soon, as I am now switching between knitting and purling in all sorts of different combos! I was laughing at myself because the other day while waiting at the post office...I was #55 and they were on #29, and there were only 2 people working the counter...I sat down and got out my knitting! People looked at me weird and moved away from me on the benches. There was one point when I almost shouted out, "does anyone know how to purl?" My mother was laughing because she thought I was plugged into the Nano as well, and was singing loudly...but I do have a bit of tact!



Cody has dubbed himself the cast-on king...as that is what he is having the most practice doing, and is getting really fast and good at it! The fastest cast in the west...like Cody the Kid! As he was wildly casting on, he lost count of how many stitches he had, and counted to around 50 something...and we were all laughing about 2 rows later, as the number had escalated to 71! Where do all of those extra stitches come from? (I had the same problem the other day myself...Confusing...or sometimes, I'm losing one!) He mentioned that he may in fact, be knitting a scarf horizontally in stead of vertically...he may be right! He had to get new yarn this weekend because his other stuff kept separating...And he's thinking of learning how to speak Japanese so he can listen to anime while he's knitting!



My mother got some cotton string, and is knitting a veggie bag out of it for herself...She had to start with over 100 stitches...And man, the counting that was going on last night was incredible! She got a good start...and mentioned that she can dye this bag if she hates the color (white) or if it gets stained! It looks all pretty and ruffly right now because of the squishiness on the needles!





It was a lovely evening with us actually finishing up at 8:30...whatever that means...only that we stopped knitting, and cleaned up...my mother and I giggling in the kitchen and Rozzie reading out-loud to Cody from her American Girl magazine and a William Steig book (he's the guy that wrote Shrek) We decided that next week, we're going to try knitting on esspresso!




Rozzie took all the pictures shown here herself!

3 comments:

Rozzilyn said...

Your new photographer seems to be doing a great job!

Anonymous said...

hey sadie!
your blog is so professional looking! everyones things look so good! keep it up chiken butt!

Anonymous said...

hey sadie!
your blog is so professional looking! everyones things look so good! keep it up chiken butt!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin