31 March 2006

Happy Birthday to Us!

Well, I took a small blog vacation, as I have been trying to get my internet at the house all set up correctly...I am still working on that, but pieced it together enough to get on the internet! Yesterday, I went over to my wonderful pal Amy's house for a birthday celebration for her mother Ellen, and her brother John and I...who all have birthdays really close together...and since I will be in Italy, I got my presents early!
I got a couple of gift certificates, which I always love to get...one to Barnes and Noble, and one to JoAnns...ahhhh...good friends know you so well don't they? Two of my favorite loves...books and fabric! I also got a ticket to see Solas...an Irish music band that will be playing in town this weekend! So, we're all going, plus my mom and Rozzie! Now that's a gift that keeps on giving! And after dinner and gift giving, we went to see the high school production of Little Shop of Horrors...which was really good! Mike, Ellen's boyfriend was in the band part of the show...no, he's not actually in high school!
I gave Ellen a knitted cell phone holder and a change purse...my two first finished knitted projects ever! And can you believe that I forgot to take a picture of them? But here's the pile of presents...




It was quite an undertaking, but we managed to open them all and still get to the performance on time!







John got a ton of Leggos as he is a budding Leggo animator! Amy thought it was funny because they all got him stuff, he was asking to get 30 years ago! Full circle I guess! I couldn't help but wonder though...who liked the Leggos the most!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, you got the modem all set up and you're connected again!! I'm impressed, you did that really fast! Thanks for celebrating birthdays with us - it wouldn't have been the same without you there!

We'll have to take a picture of the fabulous and gorgeous cell phone holder and change purse so you can post them here!

Anonymous said...

Hi Fellow! I was just searching blogs,and I found yours! I like it!
If you have a moment, please visit my warm pet beds site.
Good luck!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin