06 March 2006

Sunday March 5th...

Participants:
  • Cody
  • Mom
  • Rozzilyn
  • Sadira
Wow, this Sunday we were like multi motivated crafters...going from one fun thing to the next. After a long bout of trying to repair my now defunct vintage Singer Featherweight (as there is something wrong with the bobbin and I don't have the patience to fix it at the moment, but will pick it up at a later time)...PLUS, I used my mom's new Brother sewing machine, and am so excited about the ease of use and threading of this thing...and all the fun stitches one can use to sew, I'm really wanting a new machine! (my birthday is coming up...hint, hint...and wouldn't something with a one step button hole option be dreamy? No more velcro shirts...hahaha!) As I mentioned before we were so busy going from one project to the next, Cody and I both practiced our knitting at one point, I hopped on the sewing machine while my mom was helping Rozzie with a 3-dimensional felt project, and then we were on the computer looking at our astrology charts too...getting a reading from my mother! Looking forward to a fun year ahead...and trying to predict Saturn returns for those who haven't done that yet.


This is bubble-gum...Rozzie and Mama's new horse!




I got a wonderful start on a new duvet cover. I am making it out of a book of fabric sample squares my dad gave me quite a while back, that I have been wanting to sew for a long time now, and was finally inspired by the same idea in the
Vintage Fabric Style book my mom gave me recently. I washed up all the squares on Friday night in anticipation, and forgot to put the washer on hand wash, and ended up with a lot of tangled fabric pieces and a plate of what I am calling: thread spaghetti!

I finished the top of the duvet, and will piece and work on the back this week...I think I may actually have more fabric samples in a bin downstairs somewhere, and need to ferret them out as well. I love the way it is turning out, all the beautiful colors and styles of the fabrics...they are all some of my favorite fabrics, toilles and flowers, I am excited to use them in one project together, and decorate my bedroom with something I've made for myself!

Our walk and play was postponed as we were having so much fun, we could hardly stop being creative, and Rozzilyn was excited to get home to watch the Oscars. She love the Oscars, I'm thinking it's because she will be famous one day, and be on them...and she needs a story about how she watched them as a child! Our snack was some double chocolate fudge cookies...all organic, from New Frontiers...served on one of my new plates (that I actually got for my mom, but can't quite give up!) It's hard to see it, because it's covered with cookies, but I will post them later!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin