09 April 2009

Easter Weekend...


Plans for Easter are in full swing here at Foolsewoode...that is, once I realized that it was Easter weekend and we usually have all Easter celebrations here. Oh yeah. Right. So, I have dug things out of hiding, straightened up...decorated. Now all that's left is food preparation...which will happen on Easter morning before everyone arrives (well, that and a couple of things I need to make)

I also received an Easter package a couple of weeks ago all the way from Italy. It's from my father...this was pre-the big earthquake. They're OK though, other than being woken up early in the morning and shaken from their bed, probably making them wonder why they left California (although, my father and I may agree it's for the truffles and gellato...) But all is well. My sister and Rozz also received a package as well...Rozz and I are waiting to open them until Easter...my sister? She never could wait for surprises...which makes me shake my head a little bit.

I'm such a waiter (or is it a waitress) when it comes to gifts. You could actually put an unwrapped gift in the middle of my living room, and as long as I knew where it was, I would not look at it until I was supposed to open it (this drives Rich batty...who has already tried to talk me into letting him give me my birthday present...it also drives my sister batty) I hate to ruin surprises. As a matter of fact, Rich and I were giggling the other day when he said, "your presence is your presents" and I said, "...um no. Your present is that which you wrap specifically to give me..."

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have zilch for patience.

Mytutorlist.com said...

I'm a terrible waiter. I would carefully open it, find out what's inside, and carefully rewrap it so you didn't know that I'd peeked. :P

Wende said...

I can totally wait, too. It's IZ who has problems. His gifts burn holes in his pockets and he ends up giving them to me early. He can't help it.

Have a lovely, lovely celebration with your fam.

JELL-O said...

I am a serious NON-waiter!!! Expect a gift to be opened by me the minute I get my hands on it!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin