20 December 2008

Holiday Presence :: Day Twenty-Four


Christmas quilt...

The special bedding that sits and waits in the bottom of the closet. Or the doors over the closet. Or in the tiny built-in located in the basement that I've designated the linen closet. Because I've always wanted one. A linen closet.

And bed. A sweet deep sleep...helping my body to rest and heal from the cold that has finally descended...nose like a faucet, making it chapped even though I'm using the Lotion kind of tissues both at home and at work (the Vicks one at home...causing my already chapped lips burn) Me...carrying the Kleenex box around the house like a teddy bear or a security blanket.

Kicking aside the absurdly large pile of Kleenex and climbing into bed almost 2 hours early last night...after coming home and turning on the heat and having it run for more than a half hour, stop for 15 minutes and then start again, trying to heat up the house (and the heat is only set to 65) I need to crawl in bed early to be able to afford to pay the gas bill.

Healing is good.

Being able to afford to eat is also good.

Snuggling under this quilt...visions of sugarplums dancing in my head...

6 comments:

luvmygreenbug said...

what a beautiful holiday quilt! The cold has descended upon us here, too. Living in an older house is great, until winter. Then those little wall furnaces just don't do the trick to keep that deep chill off the house. I've been going to bed earlier than usual ALOT! The temp was 25 here a few nights ago, and living by the ocean, it's a wet, bone-chilling cold,..my SIL lives in Oregon, her temp that same night was......ZERO!!!!..made me grateful for the 25...

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!! I love this!!!!! Thank you for sharing :)

And happy holidays to you and yours!

Kristin said...

ohh my, I love this bedroom set..beautiful!!! but honestly, I wish we would have cold weather out here..it is in the 70.'s right now..:(

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon. It's going down to the teens in TN tomorrow night.

Yes, it was 74 yestrday! Such is the weather here!

flutter said...

that is a SERIOUSLY comfy looking bed

Anonymous said...

Your house is so festive! I'm sorry you're feeling "under". Rest up!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin