05 December 2008

Holiday Presence :: Day Eleven


I know I've mentioned that between the start of November and the end of January, the bulk of my family and loved one's have their birthdays. Does this extra gift buying add to the stress of the holiday season? Heck no...it just gives me more to celebrate and several more excuses to justify eating extra cake!

A very special birthday wish goes out to my grandmother today. She will be 95 (I'm not sure when not saying your age because of decorum turns into saying it because you're damned proud to be alive...and your age is a major accomplishment) She's still just as amazing as ever...

The other day while we were all chatting on Thanksgiving she expressed the wish that she lives long enough to get another government stimulus check. When I rolled my eyes and told her that we're just going to have to pay it all back in the end she started laughing and alluded to the fact that she probably won't...I also keep thinking in the back of my mind, if the economy keeps circling the drain, it's going to be more important than ever to have people that lived through The Great Depression as advisers on how to make it...

Happy Birthday Grandma...here's to another great year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful woman... and 95 is definitely a number to be VERY proud of!!!!

YAY grandmother!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin