25 November 2007

Oh, Sunday...




Oh...There's a knock at the door...




It's you! Come on in...see what I've been up to...






I've carefully unwrapped all the vintage candles and set them out...


The creche and most of the angels hang out together, behind the comfy overstuffed chairs...

Being watched over by the Holiday fur ball...because there was a giant cat at the birth of Jesus, right?




And, I decorated the Mantle...because, really...it's time.

The mantle has a lot of the choir boys, some whom have melted a bit and look as though they're hemorrhaging...poor little things. Their age and the heat gets to them sometimes (and one little guy's head isn't attached, which about gives me a heart attack every time I go to grab him and move him)

The Magic sign is in place flanked by glitter birds and Santa and a snowman. As you can see, there are 2 little cardboard acorn candy holders from Michaels that are desperately awaiting their coat of red glitter as well...


And see that cat and mouse right next to each other? It's like a Christmas miracle...






You can follow me into the kitchen to see the goodies that Rozz and I baked...but first, turn around and take a gander at the tree...

We decorated it all up.

This is the first time I've decorated the tree with all of my ornaments since the divorce. It was like opening a million special little friends...

shiny friends.






And...into the kitchen we go...

I love to decorate the door jambs in the living room with evergreen boughs and ornaments...it lends a festive air to the room (not like that silly 7 ft. tree in the corner) I have 2 doorways leading out of the living room on that dark brown wall...one leading to the kitchen, the other to my bedroom...Oopsie...

It looks like there is some mistletoe missing...you know? In case someone wants to come over for a quick kiss...

Oh...after all that walking around, you probably would like a little treat wouldn't you?

Well, you're in luck, because Rozzie and I made 2 loaves of pumpkin bread...

Please help yourself...

There's vanilla icing on the counter behind you if you're so inclined...

I'll put on the tea...it's been so chilly hasn't it?

You can go back and find a chair and put your feet up!




Today I am Thankful For:


All my ornaments and decorations...they're like special little gifts that I've gotten myself for years, and they all make me so very happy.

Spending the day with Rozzie, running errands and making food...learning how to knit a new way (even though I accidentally broke her little knitting tool...sorry)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking Good!

Anonymous said...

YOur place is amazing!!!!!!!! I love your house!!!!!

And pumpkin bread and mantle decor?? LOVE it!! And your tree and all your treasures!!!!xxxoo

Tonya said...

You home looks wonderful! I dream of a home like that. I think when I do finally see your home, I might not leave.

kirida said...

This is so beautiful! What is your oldest Christmas decoration?

Anonymous said...

I don't think I can ever give up carbs after looking at that bread... Nommy, nommy, nommy, nom!

laura capello said...

according to the people leaving comments on my site, you'd be considered a "fucktard" for having your tree up.

(of course, i'd never say such horrible things about you.)

(although i will say that you really need to come to kansas to help a sista out.)

~Molly~ said...

You have a lovely home, love your colors and that wreath on the front door is amazing! Gah, my 2 labs just cleaned out the litterboxes, I might hafta be sick now....

Ok, over that. Anyway, have you never heard the legend of the Yule Cat?? I'm pretty sure he wasn't around to welcome Jesus to the world but here, read this...
http://www.simnet.is/gardarj/yule11.htm
Makes you wonder if you should fix poor Rozzie's knitty thingy before you get sacrified, huh.

Felicia said...

Wow! You've been busy. Is it Christmas already? ;)

Carol Dunton said...

Can we say 'Merry Christmas'?? If I wasn't in the Christmas mood before I gandered at your blog, I sure am now!! Love, love, LOVE the vintage candles...only because I remember them from when I was about..oh, three or four years old and I grew up with them thar things! Your home is absolutely adorable, charming and oh...cute, too! And girl, per the message...nice about the ornaments.
Thank you for sharing your day with me... you are a rare bird!
xoxo
VB

luvmygreenbug said...

Absolutely LOVE your home and decorations! I live in a Victorian that is over 100 years old..older houses have SO much character, I think! and then add the fabulous decor....very nice....think I'll go dig out my decorations now...

rebecca said...

Everything looks so nice! I'm so jealous... I'm used to my mom's Christmas decorating, aka stuff everywhere, so classy, so beautiful, so awesome. We have a Happy Hanukkah sign, a few penguin candles, and our stockings. Not too exciting, but makes the living room cheery enough, I guess.

Your house looks wicked cozy! And the pumpkin bread looks taaaaaasty!

Catalyst said...

Oh, S, how ever do you keep your cat from demolishing everything? Our Jazz turned over our small artificial Christmas tree last year and we just gave up.

Anonymous said...

I just L-O-V-E your decorating! I haven't attempted it yet. Why? Because the hubby said he didn't want to hear Christmas music until December so I thought he might not appreciate coming home to the tree set up. However, it just might happen if the boys are giving me fits and I need to keep them busy we'll be decorating without dad! But definitely by Saturday we'll be ready to go. We won't look as festive as you (dang! I wish I had a mantle) but it will be nice.

Happy Holidays!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin