23 November 2007

Au' Gratin...

The potatoes yesterday were very good...although a little runny. Ahhh...you see, the fact that I did not try out this recipe before I made it the first time gives me the creative license to start apologizing for whatever could be wrong with the dish...cause' that's how I roll...

Actually, the flavor was lovely...Rich and I both liked them, and I'll be taking a taste over to my mother's to see what she thinks...I think there is room for improvement, and I will be looking forward to trying that...

I also made
the Broccoli Soup from Apples For Jam...it was heavenly and super easy to make! And from those two contributions, I managed to cut my finger open...how I did that, I'll never know...I just don't remember getting this injured when I made the whole big dinner with all the trimmings (minus finger bits of course...)

Oh...I spent Thanksgiving day with Rich...we had a table full of good food, and stuffed our little faces while watching Meet The Robinsons. After letting our food settle, we decided to go out for a drive down to Perkensville. What an amazing and beautiful place! I've seen it through the canyon's eyes while taking the Verde Canyon Railway, but this is just as beautiful. We wanted to look at the Indian Ruins out there, but got started a little late...plus, after the big meal it was hard to stay awake. We decided on a trip out there soon, only we would get started much earlier...maybe take a picnic? It was wonderful to get out and drive around and see all the water and the fall colors that are still in the canyons...




I left Rich
dozing on the couch that evening, and came home to do my Thanksgiving evening traditions...Which would be...

Putting up the tree (the skinny pre-lit beauty I got last year...which is so danged easy to put up, it is like cheating)

Watching Christmas Vacation...it helps get me in the crazy fun holiday mood.

Going to bed in a timely manner...so, as I could get up and get the good deals (I had to actually find them online as the entire town sold out of the local paper...ugh...I really wanted that Michaels coupon)

5 comments:

~Molly~ said...

pinch, poke, you owe me a coke! We posted about the same thing(potatoes and broccoli), at roughly the same time! GMTA I always say.

Who knows when we'll get to do our tree, 90% chance of rain this weekend and 60% for next weekend. Sigh. We have been getting real trees for the past few years because we lost our good fake on in a move. Now I have to find Christmas Vacation! My kids love Home Alone though. Maybe I'll talk them into Princess Bride or Secret of Roan Inish(my personal fave) even though they aren't holiday films.

Hope you have a great sales weekend, both buying and selling!

Molly

Anonymous said...

Au gratin.....OMG! I think I just had a stroke.... I love 'taterz! AND 'TATERZ WITH CHEEEEEEEEZE....
Cheeeeeze, I just luuuuuuuuuuv cheeze, rrreeeeaaaalllllyy I dooo!

flutter said...

I could die in that gratin, a happy woman

kirida said...

It's freezing here. I want to be in Arizona.

Suzanne said...

Did you really get up for those 4 AM sales and then go into work too?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin