09 March 2010

Gypsy, The Musical...


Last night I was lucky enough to be invited to Press Night for the Prescott Fine Arts Associations presentation of the musical Gypsy.

Probably because of the popularity of my blog.

*OR*

More realistically?

Because My Pal Amy's family have been very involved in the PFAA for years now, and Mike happened to be playing in the orchestra, so we totally scored free invites.

Whatever the reason (which is certainly more the second than the first) I was delighted as my very good friend Clay (the wonderful gentleman who usually happily participates in my photo shoots here and at The Maestro and The Muse) was performing and I had been wanting to see the musical.  Unbeknown to me, a lot of my customers and other friends were also involved, so that was a thrill to see everyone else as well.

And can I say that this is one mighty talented group?  Because it would be the absolute truth!

Clay kept trying to convince me that there were several rough spots during last night's performance, but I thought it looked smooth and sounded even better.

Clay said that they'd really only been practicing for two weeks.

Seriously?

It was wonderful!

The musical has several dates it is being offered as a performance...click here.
(although opening night includes a reception in the art gallery with a meet and greet the actors and actresses)

There is a large group of all ages, the music is fun, and the script is great as well.  Most of all?  Everyone looks like they're really enjoying themselves...and Clay has a wonderful voice.  Truly.  It's the first time I've heard him sing on stage and it was pure pleasure.  It really matches all the other wonderful voices on stage, but we decided after the performance that may now be required to follow me around and break into song...changing my life into a musical.

Because really.  Wouldn't it just be fantastic to break into song and dance whenever you felt like it?

I'm going to have to get some tap shoes.


On a totally different note, when I was sorting through the photos I took last night I came across this one which kind of made me pause.

There seems to be a lot of movement and energy in the photo (and not the best of light, so unless you capture just perfect, sometimes you blur out) and yet right there in the lower right hand corner is a little girl standing perfectly still.

Now, you have to know that the PFAA is located in a very old and historical church here in town.

Spooky, eh?

Well.

She was actually in the play, so I don't suppose it's that spooky, but it could be, no?
Forget I told you that last part...

2 comments:

Alexandra MacVean said...

Looks like you had loads of fun! Wish I could have been there with you! :) Happy Tuesday!

Suzanne said...

There's nothing like a great theatre performance! I have a friend in numerous ones here too, and we'll get comp tickets, which I love, and LOVE him, and love to go. What an experience!

I love the ghostly girl too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin