08 December 2009

Waking in a Winter Wonderland...



Don't you love the pure novelty we in the West find when looking out over a snowy landscape?
We wake up...dance around clapping our hands the whole time.
 (mostly because it hardly happens anymore...and snow melts a bit quick up in these parts)

We also cancel school over a little ice on the roads and 3 inches of snow...well, maybe 5.

It's hard to tell...it was so windy last night, one of my wind chimes blew off it's stand.  It was chiming in a wild way last night due to the 50+ mph winds...and then it went CLuNk...and I thought, "hmmmm, that sounds a little weird..."  Pulled the curtains aside to peer outside and thought it was a little too cold and wet to brave hanging it back up again.

It's buried under the ice and snow now.

As is my front porch, welcome mat, and wreaths.



Due to the sounds of tires slipping on ice on the road next to Foolsewoode and the sounds of sirens in the distance, I will be walking to work today.

And enjoying every second of it.

The first thing I did when I got up this morning after turning on the heat was run out to take pictures.  I am just swooning over how beautiful Foolsewoode looks with her new colors in the snow.  I am thinking that the new colors *pop* a little more than the original white did...making my house look more cozy than before.

Which is good because according to a neighbor, we lost power from 10:30pm to 5:30am.

I missed the whole thing.

The only tell I had was my radio display in the living room is acting up...and the food in the freezer is a little softer than normal.  My clocks are on battery so I was totally clueless...this is what comes from being snuggled under flannel sheets, two feather comforters, a wool blanket, a quilt, and a warm kitty all night...

With visions of sugarplums dancing in my head.

4 comments:

JenCoen said...

Soooooooooooooo jealous!! I just might have to drive up to Prescott this weekend.... gosh I want to live there so badly!!!

Anonymous said...

Way jelous! I also might just have to abadon all of my duties down here in rainy windy phoenix and drive up to join you in blissfully white prescott. :)
What wonderful pictures!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos!!!

:) Amy

Rhonda Roo said...

oooohhhh sadira, Foolsewoode is wearing snow with swoonworthy pride indeed! That snow covered roof and the lovely creamy wreath! Magic!

You walked to work? See, Floridians always assume ya'll just call snowday and give up on work. Man thats dedication! Although, i bet it IS kinda nice, as long as there's hot chocolate when you get there.....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin