10 December 2009

Acker Music Night...



This is my most favorite thing to do during the holidays in Arizona's Christmas City.  Acker Music Night...Which benefits music and culture in Prescott.  I have been attending the event for almost as long as it's been going on.  I love the sense of community as I walk along the cold and crowded streets of Prescott...enjoying all the hustle and bustle and joys of the season.

On Acker Night, most of the small businesses around downtown Prescott extend their hours so they can throw open their doors (figuratively mostly...it's usually pretty cold) and host live performers at each shop.  It is so cheery and wonderful and such a lovely way to both raise money and showcase all of our local talents.

In all the years I've owned Snap Snap, I've never participated in Acker Night.  Mostly because there were not a lot of businesses participating down this way, so people tended to stop at the corner and not walk further...but this year there are more participants, and I am gladly flinging open my doors (again, figuratively) and joining in the fun...

I am beyond thrilled.

My scheduled performer is Larry Aker, Megan's father (although, there has been a family emergency so I am crossing my fingers for everyone involved right now, which is taking a bit more precedence over Larry being here...I will know more very soon.)  I think Larry is such a talented performer as I have been lucky enough to hear him perform several times before this, and I am very excited for the whole evening.  I believe this is the largest participation that Acker Night has ever seen and it's so very nice to finally feel included on the business end...

So, if you're in town, come on down for leisurely stroll...

It's free...
It's fun...

And I have cookies...

1 comment:

luvmygreenbug said...

...would love to be on your mailing list! I really like getting things in the mail, too (except those pesky bills and jury duty summons!) Am hoping to maybe make my Christmas cards next year, also..we shall see. They'll never be as fab as yours,tho!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin